Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:56 AM   #1
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Software Update 2.6 Out

Hi,

Just noticed I've got an email announcing 2.6... So who's going to the brave guinea pig...?

POWER MANAGEMENT

* The average battery life has been improved to 10 hours.
Additional power management improvements are planned in upcoming
software releases.

USER INTERFACE

* Path information displayed in title bar of content browser
* File size displayed in content browser
* Revised onscreen busy indicator when launching viewers
* The Up Key will now also allow you to close opened documents and
applications
* Language changes in the iLiad settings will now take effect
immediately

HTML

* Go to the last read page when re-opening any HTML document

CF CARD

* Fixed bug where certain CF cards stopped working with version 2.5
Scribble Function
* Notes and drawings are now saved into an additional format
(.IRX) which can be used with MyScript Notes(R).
Networking
* Support for Fixed IP address in wired network profiles
* Improved wired and wireless network performance
Old 08-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
hoberion
hoberion began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
hmm, I thought they would implement page caching in this version or am I mistaken?
Advert
Old 08-15-2006, 07:49 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
"The average battery life has been improved to 10 hours."

So that's like a 100% increase to 2.5? Not bad, but still very little compared to what E Ink manufacturers generally advertise.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoberion
hmm, I thought they would implement page caching in this version or am I mistaken?
Oops... Missed that bit out...

PDF

* Increased page turn speed. When reading a PDF document the next pages will be pre-loaded, this will substantially increase the page turn speed.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #5
Kali Tal
Kali Tal began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Announcement came before actual upgrade

So... I tried to download the 2.6 upgrade and... nothing. Called support (answered quickly, very polite, good English) and found that the announcement had been mailed before the upgrade was actually available. "Try later tonight," was the recommendation.
Advert
Old 08-15-2006, 08:01 AM   #6
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Tal
So... I tried to download the 2.6 upgrade and... nothing. Called support (answered quickly, very polite, good English) and found that the announcement had been mailed before the upgrade was actually available. "Try later tonight," was the recommendation.
Ready, fire, aim.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #7
emkay
Zealot
emkay began at the beginning.

Why can't they wait until the download is ready before making an announcement...
Old 08-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #8
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
"Later tonight" - it's now around 2pm in the Netherlands. So do the math
Old 08-15-2006, 08:37 AM   #9
hoberion
hoberion began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
oh well, I rather have the email in advance in stead of being spuprised when I turn on my iliad
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
They've done this before...sent the email long before the new software arrives...seems to be a habit...^^

I haven#t received an email however, so maybe they only sent a few out.

Page-Resume in HTML sounds like good news too, but not really useful if they didn't add page-breaking...I'll have to check that once the update is there...I've been using PDF ebooks from the beginning since this features was missing...but I'd love to be able to use HTML...
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #11
vvoi666
Zealot
vvoi666 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
... but not really useful if they didn't add page-breaking ...
wasn't this promised for the 2.5 update.
i have 2.5 but haven't checked for html functionality yet.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

neither have I.

2.6 is now downloading.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Since the new software is now out, I created a sticky for you all to use as a place to comment on the new software.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
iQQ
iQQ began at the beginning.

I updated, but it says that Chinese font update fail and EBA reader update fail.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thread is closed. Please continue discussion in the Problems and Fixes in Software 2.6 thread.
Closed Thread