Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
wyrm
wyrm began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Aluratek Libre Air

After some years of using my Ectaco Jetbook, I couldn't resist and bought a new Aluratek Libre Air online for a few bucks.

Man, what a great (little) ereader it is! I still think the lcd screens of the jetbooks/libres are far superior to any E-ink screen. I just can not get used to teh annoying flashing of the screen I get when flipping a page. I tried one of those, but sold my E-ink reader after a short while...

The Libre Air really feels like a nice upgrade of the Jetbook! The optical D-Pad works great, wifi works flawlessly, the kobo bookstore is nice, the android like buttons (home/back/menu) are handy and the GUI is intuitive.
I am very satisfied with it and will use it as my main ereader. I gave my Jetbook to my wife.
If you can find it (cheap), buy it! You won't regret it.

One question: I am looking for some way that I can use the build in browser to go go to any other website than Kobo. Is this possible? Any firmwareupgrade or workaround that can do this?
wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote