Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
jetBook Color in Japan

This website has pictures of jetBook Color delivered to Japan during 2 days
http://smart-pda.net/review/jetbook_color/buy/

Not bad- 2nd day delivery by Fedex

Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
I see they sent it back pretty quickly when they discovered just how dark the screen and how slow the software was.

On another note, I'm famous: http://smart-pda.net/review/jetbook_color/screen/

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
I see they sent it back pretty quickly when they discovered just how dark the screen and how slow the software was.

On another note, I'm famous: http://smart-pda.net/review/jetbook_color/screen/

Andrew
Interesting, where did you get that info? I don't see where it is being
"sent back", much less why.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Kudos to FedEx on that. Interesting, i don' think mine has Japanese interface (not that i need it). I may have to check my firmware version.

I remember seeing this before, a pain in the butt to find but maybe they purchased it from here http://www.ectaco.com/japanese-page/EDU12
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Interesting, where did you get that info? I don't see where it is being
"sent back", much less why.

Luck;
Ken
Here (translated): http://translate.google.com/translat...or%2Frefund%2F

Andrew
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I don't really get the whole screen is too dark thing. Maybe i have super man vision!! But i have never been reading on it saying to myself "man i wish this screen wasn't so dark". Maybe some of the people using it are doing so in caves!

Sort of why i liked my regular jetbook so much, it had and amber-like background which gave me a real book sorta feel.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
andyh2000
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
I don't really get the whole screen is too dark thing. Maybe i have super man vision!! But i have never been reading on it saying to myself "man i wish this screen wasn't so dark". Maybe some of the people using it are doing so in caves!

Sort of why i liked my regular jetbook so much, it had and amber-like background which gave me a real book sorta feel.
Do you live somewhere the sun shines? I noticed before that two of the people who liked the jetbook Color the most lived in Italy and Florida, whereas I live in gloomy England (roughly the same latitude as Calgary in Canada or Warsaw in Poland). Maybe the average natural light level makes a difference, and the fact we only have single 60-100w bulbs in our rooms.

Andrew
Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
andyh2000
Avid reader

Busy round here isn't it? Everyone must be feverishly reading on their jetbook colors.

Andrew
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Busy ignoring trash talkers...
Anyway, glad you have a JBC, Kris777!

May you enjoy it for many years!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #10
andyh2000
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Busy ignoring trash talkers...
Anyway, glad you have a JBC, Kris777!

May you enjoy it for many years!
I assume a "trash talker" is anyone who doesn't think the device is quite as wonderful as you do. I'm still curious if the people who like it most live in brighter places than people who don't. No point in starting a poll though as so few people have one.

Andrew
Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Do you live somewhere the sun shines? I noticed before that two of the people who liked the jetbook Color the most lived in Italy and Florida, whereas I live in gloomy England (roughly the same latitude as Calgary in Canada or Warsaw in Poland). Maybe the average natural light level makes a difference, and the fact we only have single 60-100w bulbs in our rooms.
I live in Germany. Comparable to English light levels. And 100W lightning bulbs work quite fine.

I do think it's a great device. Shame on people nitpicking on such minor flaws.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I read this device quite comfortably with a 1Watt LED bulb too.

One thing that's nice is the Amazon Kindle has front light included on their e-ink models! Something I wished the JBC had too!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #13
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
I bought a white Sony PRS-T1 recently. The case is the same white as Jetbook. You know what? Sony PRS-T1 background (pearl) seems more gray than PRS 650 (same pearl). Impossibile?!
Ok I compared the two reader face-to-face and I noticed that (obviously) the background are the same: seeing PRS-T1 screen alone seems gray only because of the too white chassis.

I'm not saying Jetbook Color is as white as Sony PRS-650 or T1 (I spent a lot of word about pearl vs triton) but certainly you will agree that the glow-white doesn't help.

Anyway Andyh, have you developed your idea of to use the "atompub feature" to browse (for example) a book from calibre library?
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
andyh2000
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
I bought a white Sony PRS-T1 recently. The case is the same white as Jetbook. You know what? Sony PRS-T1 background (pearl) seems more gray than PRS 650 (same pearl). Impossibile?!
Ok I compared the two reader face-to-face and I noticed that (obviously) the background are the same: seeing PRS-T1 screen alone seems gray only because of the too white chassis.

I'm not saying Jetbook Color is as white as Sony PRS-650 or T1 (I spent a lot of word about pearl vs triton) but certainly you will agree that the glow-white doesn't help.
Eliminating bias from bezels we have a piece of white laser copy paper, a £69 Kindle and a jetbook Color. I can't read from the jetbook Color in the light levels we have, but I can from the Kindle. Obviously other people's experience varies, and I'm happy for them. I'd love a large format colour eInk tablet I could read comfortably at home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	654.5 KB
ID:	93687
(click to embiggen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Anyway Andyh, have you developed your idea of to use the "atompub feature" to browse (for example) a book from calibre library?
Nope. As I can't bring myself to read from the device it has sat in the cupboard for the last four months or so. I really must try and sell it...

Andrew
Old 10-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #15
ProDigit
Karmaniac

now that's the worst photoshop edit I've seen in a while!
In real fact, the JBC's background is much lighter than the whitest background of those circles in the photo you posted!

Last edited by ProDigit; 10-09-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: just...