Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I am well past half a century old, and I am a technology and news junkie.
I can't remember the different image size restrictions on all of the dozens of tech and news forums I visit every week.
Point taken.
I am only a half century.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I avoid having to remember by posting thumbnails

½ ------------> BR --> ¾ century

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-20-2016 at 04:13 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #18
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

...and I avoid it by just attaching the image. It's so much easier than making sure it's the "correct" size, and then uploading to an image sharing site, and then coming back here to make my post.

My flow is write post-->click "manage attachments"-->upload image to mobileread-->click "submit reply"

This also means that I don't have to worry about the image disappearing because the image sharing site went away.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PandaFlower.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	147227  
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

:ditto : to both (OK, I am shy a couple of years of that last mark)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

I personally hate those thumbnails. They're too small to see and most of the image sites are blocked here... I've no idea what image you posted.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2016, 09:31 AM   #21
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I personally hate those thumbnails. They're too small to see and most of the image sites are blocked here... I've no idea what image you posted.
Another good reason to just *attach* the image to your post, rather than upload it to somewhere else and *insert* it.

I'm really curious as to what people perceive as the upside to inserting (meaning the image is hosted somewhere else) and attaching (meaning the image is hosted on MobileRead)?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #22
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Another good reason to just *attach* the image to your post, rather than upload it to somewhere else and *insert* it.

I'm really curious as to what people perceive as the upside to inserting (meaning the image is hosted somewhere else) and attaching (meaning the image is hosted on MobileRead)?

Shari
When I want to attach a picture, I push on the first button I see, which is normally the button with the picture of the landscape. I usually don't see the "manage attachments" button, so I don't even think of using it.

Maybe changing the buttons around would give a better default behavior?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a plugin for the forum that could be installed that would solve the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:48 PM   #24
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a plugin for the forum that could be installed that would solve the problem.
What problem exactly?
What you may be considering a problem might not actually be a problem but an inconvenience to some people.
The question becomes do enough people have this "problem" that it needs a solution or is it just a few due to the few's computer configurations?
If it is the latter, then the forum has no problem.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:03 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
600 x 600 is hard wired in this monkey's brain and I've passed this imprint on to the collective. Monkey's are in full compliance.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:55 PM   #26
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post

Shari
I always use MR's image hosting facilities, but a number of other places I post don't have anything similar so at those sites I have to use an external host - like imgbox.

@John F - To access MR's Manage attachments facility from the toolbar click the... paper clip

BR
Old 03-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #27
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

@John F - To access MR's Manage attachments facility from the toolbar click the... paper clip

BR
Ty, I'll remember that... for about a day.

And if you do a quick reply, there is no paper clip button.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #28
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Ty, I'll remember that... for about a day.

If you click go advanced which is right beside post quick reply, You get all the functions.
Or if you quote someone, everything shows up.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #29
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
If you click go advanced which is right beside post quick reply, You get all the functions.
Or if you quote someone, everything shows up.
Why click on go advanced when the button with the picture does what I think it should.

Personally, I find the off topic and drive by political posts more aggravating.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:27 PM   #30
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Yeah, that is irritating, but clicking Go to Advanced then a paper clip click, sure beats firing up an image host site, uploading to it, copying the link, and pasting that into MR. IMO it would be better if they had the paper clip in Quick and the Picture in advanced - then one could post things other than pictures from Quick.

BR