Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-28-2015, 06:52 AM   #1
banid0
banid0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Search not working as expected

Hello,

I'm a newbie to calibre, I only use it to gather all my PDF books, and send them to my iPad to Marvin. I've managed to do that, and it's fine.

But some time ago, either with an update or with some option I activated, that I don't know which one, the search function has stopped functioning as it should.

Let's imagine I have this books:
"hello world"
"the living dead"
"smileys for dummies"

In the past, if I wrote "dummies" on the search box, I would see only one book and the others would disappear. That's the behaviour I'm expecting.

Now, all of the three books appear, bue the last one is highlighted in green.

I don't want this behaviour as it's gets confusing with thousands of books I have.

Can you please help? I've been googling around, but as I'm very unexperienced with calibre, I don't know what I should be searching...

Thanks in advance!
banid0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Go to preferences. On the top line under interface select searching. There is a check box which you no doubt have ticked next to text saying something like highlight search results instead of restricting. Untick this, and you should be back to the behaviour you want.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@banid0 - see ==>> Some plugins, can change calibre's search highlighting

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
banid0
banid0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Go to preferences. On the top line under interface select searching. There is a check box which you no doubt have ticked next to text saying something like highlight search results instead of restricting. Untick this, and you should be back to the behaviour you want.
Thank you a gazillion, right on the spot
banid0 is offline   Reply With Quote