Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-17-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Big Library Read

My library just joined this "global eBook club" and their first title is now available. It's a collaboration between Overdrive and participating publishers. The selected title for the next 2 weeks is Shakespeare Saved My Life: Ten Years in Solitary with the Bard by Laura Bates. If your library participates, you can borrow this title for free without a waiting list.

Here's their website for more info:
http://biglibraryread.com/
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
All library borrowing is free, as far as I've heard.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Not so -- usually it costs time and patience.

Most of the well-known good books have a waiting list.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Thanks for that info, seems my library participates. It's a real treat to be able to instantly get a book from my library!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:51 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Enjoy having one book you don't have to wait for.

I can usually find several, just in the ordinary course of things... and the selection is better.

Now -- if I wanted this book, which of the 4 libraries offering it to me would I patronize?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #6
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
My library just joined this "global eBook club" and their first title is now available. It's a collaboration between Overdrive and participating publishers. The selected title for the next 2 weeks is Shakespeare Saved My Life: Ten Years in Solitary with the Bard by Laura Bates. If your library participates, you can borrow this title for free without a waiting list.

Here's their website for more info:
Thank you for sharing this; I like participating in Big Read events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
All library borrowing is free, as far as I've heard.
This is an international event and, worldwide, there are some libraries that charge a subscription fee, albeit not a pay-to-play fee per loaned item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Thanks for that info, seems my library participates. It's a real treat to be able to instantly get a book from my library!
Fortunately, multiple library systems that I patronize are participating in this Big Read since the book's on hold at the one I tried first, NYPL. I ultimately borrowed it from Queens Public Library.

Last edited by Froide; 03-17-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #7
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Thanks for the heads up on this. The book looks interesting and there should be discussion questions posted on the website later.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The next title in the Big Library Read club is available for the next 2 weeks.

Eyes on You by Kate White published by Harper 2014.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote