Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Danesh
Enthusiast
Danesh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Problem with viewing some .djvu files via calibre-64bit-2.21.0

Hi there,
I can open and view ALL my .djvu files with WinDjView-2.1. directly, but I can't view SOME of them with calibre-64bit-2.21.0. That is, in Calibre some .djvu files are viewable and some are NOT. For instance, one of them is of 257 pages with all its content viewable when opened directly with WinDjView-2.1; but when I want to view the SAME file in Calibre, I get just one blank page! What's wrong here?
Please be kind enough to elaborate on the issue as I'm of very poor computer knowledge. Thank you very much in advance for you kind help and patience with me.
Danesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh View Post
Hi there,
I can open and view ALL my .djvu files with WinDjView-2.1. directly, but I can't view SOME of them with calibre-64bit-2.21.0. That is, in Calibre some .djvu files are viewable and some are NOT. For instance, one of them is of 257 pages with all its content viewable when opened directly with WinDjView-2.1; but when I want to view the SAME file in Calibre, I get just one blank page! What's wrong here?
Please be kind enough to elaborate on the issue as I'm of very poor computer knowledge. Thank you very much in advance for you kind help and patience with me.
Consider using the Open With Plugin to use alternate viewers.

BTW Preferences: behavior controls what formats Calibre will use its internal viewer for. The OS (must) supports those without a tick
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As I understand it Calibre .djvu support is incomplete and it can only view/convert .djvu files that are text based. Any that are image based will not be handled.

You can tell Calibre to try and use its own viewer, or to use the external viewer for .djvu files. My guess is that you have Calibre set to use its own viewer (this is set in Calibre under Settings->`interface->Behavior) and the ones that you can view are those that are text based.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Danesh
Enthusiast

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
As I understand it Calibre .djvu support is incomplete and it can only view/convert .djvu files that are text based. Any that are image based will not be handled.

You can tell Calibre to try and use its own viewer, or to use the external viewer for .djvu files. My guess is that you have Calibre set to use its own viewer (this is set in Calibre under Settings->`interface->Behavior) and the ones that you can view are those that are text based.
Dear itimpi,
Second paragraph of your answer was the answer to solve the problem. Your guess was absolutely right. Inspired by your hint I modified the Behavior; and now the defiant .djvu files are viewable easily.
Thank you very much indeed for your knowledgeable answer
Old 03-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #5
Danesh
Enthusiast

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Consider using the Open With Plugin to use alternate viewers.

BTW Preferences: behavior controls what formats Calibre will use its internal viewer for. The OS (must) supports those without a tick
Dear theducks,
Thank you very much for your helpful hint. Modifying Behavior solved the problem. Now the problem has gone.
Advert

Tags
djvu