Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 06:03 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon UK offering Prime members promotional credits

I've just recently noticed (while Christmas shopping) that Amazon UK are now offering Prime members a promotional credit if they choose slower ("No-Rush") shipping for an order instead of next day delivery.

I've got £9 to spend on ebooks with this from my Christmas shopping. Well, £6.50 now, since I've already used some.

There are still some rough edges. There's no way (at the moment) to see how much promotional credit you have left in your account (I work it out from the emails I've received). The credit does expire after a couple of months if you don't use it.

But I'm very happy. It may well be that I'll get most of my prime membership back this year in promotional credits for ebooks!

Details of the scheme are here. I've no idea if its a permanent benefit, or a seasonal promotion.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #2
Werepuppy
Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3
I don't know if it will show this sort of credit, but if you go to the digital music section, and then look at a page for a song or album, any will do, underneath the buy button look for the link that says "Add gift card or promotion code", you may need to click on the "More options" link first.

This will bring up a box with your gift card and music balances. I know that when I had some promotional credit for the app store it was displayed in the music part of the credit so you may find it displays your credit there too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	132458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	132459  

Last edited by Werepuppy; 12-14-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Werepuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Details of the scheme are here. I've no idea if its a permanent benefit, or a seasonal promotion.
One of the first things mentioned in the terms and conditions link is:
  • This is a limited time offer

So a nice bonus, but just enjoy it while it lasts as it "may be changed or withdrawn without notice by Amazon".
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werepuppy View Post
I don't know if it will show this sort of credit, but if you go to the digital music section, and then look at a page for a song or album, any will do, underneath the buy button look for the link that says "Add gift card or promotion code", you may need to click on the "More options" link first.

This will bring up a box with your gift card and music balances. I know that when I had some promotional credit for the app store it was displayed in the music part of the credit so you may find it displays your credit there too.
Yes! That works. Thank you. It confirms that I have a £6.50 "Amazon Music" balance.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote