Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I got Area 51. It sounds pretty silly, with just about every trope imaginable, but it sounds like it might be fun too. Just as long as I don't try to take it seriously.
Hush your mouth! Everyone with a protected brain knows this stuff is real. The government is hiding stuff from us. I plan to read this book to my cat.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:01 AM   #92
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
If you get to it this month, do let us know how Area 51 goes, Manabi!
It's unlikely I will, but I'll be sure to report what I think if I should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Hush your mouth! Everyone with a protected brain knows this stuff is real. The government is hiding stuff from us. I plan to read this book to my cat.
Honestly, I think even the tinfoil hat crowd would find the "deranged general wants to activate the mothership’s interstellar drive" to be a (overused) trope.

BTW, I'd be careful around that cat, it looks like it's ready to disembowel someone over the hat. In your case it'd probably just unravel you, could be nasty.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
BTW, I'd be careful around that cat, it looks like it's ready to disembowel someone over the hat. In your case it'd probably just unravel you, could be nasty.

...I don't like unraveled.

I've always loved that "I'll get you" look on that cat's face
Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #94
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #95
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Thanks for the warning on Emma's Secret. It sounded quite good, but it's actually book 3 since there's a 1.5 in between. If I'm going to take a chance on a series with a freebie it needs to be book 1. :-)
What is the book in between? Fantastic Fiction lists it as book two. Finding Emma is in Kindle unlimited and free to borrow for Prime customers.

Series
Finding Emma
1. Finding Emma (2012)
2. Emma's Secret (2013)
3. Dear Jack... (2012)
4. Dottie's Memories (2013)
5. Megan's Hope (2014)
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 03:33 PM   #96
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
What is the book in between? Fantastic Fiction lists it as book two. Finding Emma is in Kindle unlimited and free to borrow for Prime customers.

Series
Finding Emma
- Finding Emma (2012)
- Emma's Secret (2013)
- Dottie's Memories (2013) - "This 5000 word excerpt contains deleted journal entries from Emma's Secret - entries that might be of interest to those who fell in love with the Finding Emma series."
- Dear Jack... (2012)
- Megan's Hope (2014)
This is what I was able to piece together by looking at various sites. It's confusing when authors insert, at a later date, installments that fit between already-published books, as seems to have happened here.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #97
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post

Series
Finding Emma
1. Finding Emma (2012)
2. Emma's Secret (2013)
3. Dear Jack... (2012)
4. Dottie's Memories (2013)
5. Megan's Hope (2014)
GoodReads lists it as:

1. Finding Emma (2012)
1.5. Dear Jack... (2012)
2. Emma's Secret (2013)
2.5. Dottie's Memories (2013)

And Megan's Hope isn't even in the list at the moment.

I believe GoodReads has this one correct, as Dear Jack... is:
Quote:
This novella details the relationship between Dottie and Jack, two characters who originated in Finding Emma.
and Dottie's Memories is:
Quote:
This 5000 word excerpt contains deleted journal entries from Emma's Secret - entries that might be of interest to those who fell in love with the Finding Emma series.
That does seem like 1.5 and 2.5.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #98
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
GoodReads lists it as:

1. Finding Emma (2012)
1.5. Dear Jack... (2012)
2. Emma's Secret (2013)
2.5. Dottie's Memories (2013)

And Megan's Hope isn't even in the list at the moment.

I believe GoodReads has this one correct, as Dear Jack... is:
and Dottie's Memories is: That does seem like 1.5 and 2.5.
It does look like GoodReads is correct. Fantastic Fiction says "Please note this novella is meant as a companion to Finding Emma". It's only 42 pages and costs $2.99 so I will skip it if I decide to get Emma's Secret.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #99
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
FWIW, I haven't read Area 51 but I have read some of Bob Meyer's stuff and enjoy them. That alone motivated me to get Area 51.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:56 AM   #100
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just a reminder that this is the last day to pick up a selection if you haven't already.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:26 AM   #101
Froide
Wizard

They're out! Here are the November 2015 Samsung Book Deals (aka Kindle for Samsung) freebie selections, in the order in which Amazon presented them. I researched them a bit, to identify each book's series (if any) and genre(s).

Click on Samsung Book Deals to learn how this program works. You may also want to read the earlier, related MR thread: Kindle for Samsung launched in 90 countries

Constantinopolis by James D. Shipman
  • Normally: $3.99
  • Genre(s): historical fiction, military adventure

Quote:
For over a thousand years, the medieval city of Constantinople has been the jewel on the crown of the Roman Empire. Now, the once-mighty metropolis is broken down, with its defensive walls in shambles. Long have the neighboring Turks wanted to claim the city, and Mehmet—the impetuous new Turkish sultan—thinks he and his legions might finally have their chance. In defiance of his late father’s advisors, Mehmet vows to be the first leader in a millennium to wrench Constantinople from the Christians. He is determined to take the city from the weakened but beloved Emperor Constantine—even if he loses his throne and his life in the process.

An epic historical military adventure, Constantinopolis plots out the future of civilization as shaped by a number of fascinating characters, including one leader desperate to save his people from destruction and another determined to lead his nation to glory.

Revised edition: This edition of Constantinopolis includes editorial revisions.
Dawn of Swords (The Breaking World Book 1) by David Dalglish & Robert J. Duperre
  • Normally: $4.99
  • Genre(s): fiction, horror, action-adventure, dark fantasy

Quote:
On the young world of Dezrel, brother gods Karak and Ashhur, fleeing their own failed world, recreate mankind in an attempt to make amends. The fledgling race of humanity is guided by the First Families, men and women who will not age so long as their hearts remain devoted to their deities.

But quickly the realms are thrown into chaos by the construction of the Temple of the Flesh, built by exiled children of Karak in the unclaimed land of Haven that lies between the two kingdoms. Those of the Temple refuse to bend knee to either god, no matter the risk. Thus comes Karak’s ultimatum to the people of Haven: destroy the Temple, or he will destroy it himself. But his fellow brother god, Ashhur, will not sit idly by while thousands of innocents die...

Can Jacob Eveningstar, the First Man to be given life and Ashhur’s most trusted servant, prevent the coming bloodshed which threatens the survival of the fledgling human race?

Snared by Ed James
  • Normally: $4.99
  • Genre(s): fiction, mystery, thriller, suspense, crime, noir, police procedural

Quote:
Vicky Dodds—single mother, commitment-phobe, Detective Sergeant—is adding Dundee, Scotland to the Tartan Noir map.

When a dog breeder in and around Dundee disappears, DS Dodds and her team are tasked with finding out who is behind the attacks.

But as the crimes escalate, and the attacker’s message becomes clearer, Vicky begins to question where her own sympathies lie.

From the acclaimed author of the Scott Cullen series, Snared is an unyielding police procedural that fearlessly examines the uncomfortable grey areas between right and wrong, and between “us” and “them.”

Enslaved by the Ocean ((Criminals of the Ocean Book 1)) by Bella Jewel
  • Normally: $3.99
  • Genre(s): fiction, action-adventure, sea stories, romance

Quote:
Indigo has a troubled past and there’s no denying it. Tired of being scared, she sets sail aboard a private yacht, hopeful that the open waters of the Atlantic will give her and best friend Eric a much-needed respite.

As if trouble followed her, the yacht catches fire. Stranded in the ocean, cold, hungry, desperate, and alone, Eric and Indi struggle to survive.

Just when they think things couldn’t get much worse, they are captured, held hostage by a band of modern-day pirates. Now they’re in even more trouble than they could have ever imagined.

What Indigo couldn’t have predicted is how broodingly handsome Hendrix, their captain, is. The moment Indi lays eyes on him, she feels sparks fly and a carnal attraction she’s never felt before. Hendrix is pure alpha male: hotter than hot, determined, powerful, and hard to crack.

Hendrix has plans for Indi, dark plans that will put her life at risk. If only Indi could connect with him, it might be more than just lust on the line...it might save her life.

Enslaved by the Ocean is a steamy romance and the first in the Criminals of the Ocean series.

Last edited by Froide; 12-01-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:36 AM   #102
Manabi
Wizard

I went with Dawn of Swords. Not sure I'll like it, but it sounded better than the others.

BTW, you might want to add romance to Enslaved by the Ocean. It's definitely a romance, even mentions it in the description.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:39 AM   #103
Froide
Wizard

Quote:
I went with Dawn of Swords. Not sure I'll like it, but it sounded better than the others.

BTW, you might want to add romance to Enslaved by the Ocean. It's definitely a romance, even mentions it in the description.
Yes, I did that 13 minutes before you posted the suggestion! (Great minds think alike.)

I went with Constantinopolis.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #104
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Constantinopolis for me.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:29 AM   #105
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I picked Snared.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote