Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
pazed
pazed began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, android smartphone
g'day from Oz - see i get the pattern! ;)

Hello, what an interesting forum.
Came across it yesterday after i tried to download Mobipocket Reader to my new laptop.
Ha you say, how out-of-date can someone be? Only I've always just moved it from the old 'puter till now. So after installing Kindle for PC, just for fun I googled Mobipocket Abandonware and found MobileRead through someone's comments. Had a couple hours entertainment skimming through a few forums.
So wish I'd found it fifteen years ago - yes got my first reader (PalmZire71) late nineties, still mourn some of its functionality - Had trouble even finding a shop that knew what a reader was, in Australia's National capital. I'm much more temperature-comfortable now in far North Queensland.
The Palm forum was all I could find for a while, but now five devices later I'm almost totally converted to reading on screens and actually don't need help any more.
Best discovery - e-ink reader so I can read in sunlight as a car passenger or just sitting in a park.
i read a lot of SF and Fantasy and last few years a lot of fanfiction. Using an Android smartphone (HTC) - and I like FBReader - and the Kobo e-ink reader (slow but was affordable at the time) - now they've come down so much just like every exciting new thing.
I'm sort of retired (in my sixties) and do a lot of volunteer work - mainly Meals on Wheels. Two adult off-spring and one great husband.
So there I am in a somewhat oversized nutshell, delighted to be here and looking forward to some interesting interaction.
Cheers...p
pazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day P and welcome to MobileRead. Good to have another old far., er I mean senior in MR.

Like you I started with a handheld. In my case it was an iPaq which I got back in the late 90's. Liked it fine but then saw a Sony 500 as I walked through CompUSA and was fascinated with it. Did some searching about eInk on the web and that's how I stumbled onto MobileRead. and shortly after joining I got the Sony 505.

Anyway, welcome aboard.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Hi, pazed. In my 60s too. There are a few of us here.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote