Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-07-2003, 04:06 PM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Deconstructing Plucker Files

Question: Is it possible to convert a Plucker file to iSilo format, or is there an intermediary format it can be formatted to?

A friend, helpfully, sent me a cool file. It's apparently a Plucker PDB. I really don't want to have to get Plucker to read it.

TIA
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:34 AM   #2
dsmudger
dsmudger began at the beginning.

Device: Neonode N1
I have a similar problem - can't install Vade Mecum (or plucker) but want to read the files using Pocket IE - does anyone know a way to unpluck to a folder containing images and HTML?
dsmudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
David would be the man to answer, but from what I know, there is now at least documented way of reverting Plucker documents.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 12:46 AM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've got a utility that lets you read older plucker documents in windows, and it acutally converts the plucker document back to html as part of the process. I don't know how well it would work with the newer features (larger images, tables, etc), but if anyone wants a copy, pm me with your email address and I'll shoot it over.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:03 PM   #5
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Plucker ships with tools to do exactly this (and has for quite some time)... check the ./tools subdirectory. Many people have asked for this over the years, so there you are.

Note: it doesn't give you "the website" back, it simply gives you an HTML representation of exactly what Plucker sees; flat stripped HTML and resized images.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
Plucker ships with tools to do exactly this ... check the ./tools subdirectory.
I don't locate a subdirectory called tools in my installation of Plucker on Windows.

Thinking I may have mistaken your reference, I also looked for such a tool at www.plkr.org/tools

What is the tool called? What is the proper form for invoking it? With greater specificity, can you tell me where I should be looking for it?

Thanks,

Roger Sperberg
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 AM   #7
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Its in the tools subdirectory of the source tree.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wow, I just discovered this thread. What a great plus for Plucker over the competition. With other formats you are dependent on the one reader to access the content. With this, it sounds like you have a way to get content into a permanent form (HTML) if necessary. In the future, I may have to reconsider how I collect content I want to keep permanently and include Plucker in the mix.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #9
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
I didn't know! Always thought HTML-to-Plucker was an irreversible process. Need to check out this tool later.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 02:06 PM   #10
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If someone makes an app that can run in Windows from this, please let us know.

I too think that this is a really useful thing, not just for the developer but for the user/reader.
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #11
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but you won't get your original HTML back. Rather, you get an HTML representation of the Plucker document. You'll find that even basic things like lists (<ul>, <ol>, <li>) are not supported. Not a fault of the Plucker format, just a consequence of having documents converted to a format suitable for rendering on a handheld.

There's a Windows version of the Plucker HTML viewer. See this thread for the links.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote