Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Misleading Battery Indicator Fix

I've had my Reader since a few weeks after it was first offered for sale and never had ant significant problem with it till now.

Recently I noticed the battery indicator was down to half charge. Usually at night in bed after I finish reading if it's not on full I stick the recharger plug in it and leave it attached overnight.

Normally that takes care of it but in the last week or so it finally hit me that even after being plugged in all night it still showed half charge. I tried the USB plug which didn't change it either.

In the end I removed the memory card (1 gb), did a hard reset and the battery indicator again showed full when I restarted it and replaced the card.

Seems like something was causing the indicator to display incorrectly until the reset.

In case anyone else runs into that problem might try the reset and see if that corrects it.
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Already been discussed in depth: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9752
Simple fix is connecting the charger while the Reader is on.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
damn beaten to it.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote