Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #1
spooce
spooce began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite & PC
Question Add Shortcut to DJVU Files

Hello wonderful people! I'm fairly new to using calibre, and I had a quick question about the library management.

Since calibre has no ability to view djvu files natively, is there a way for me to add in a sort of fake book that's really just a shortcut that opens it up in the correct viewer? I'm not sure how this might be accomplished, but I'd like to still have the books in my calibre library even if it can't view them itself. Any help is greatly appreciated!
spooce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: Behavior: Use Internal Viewer for
REMOVE the tick next to DJVU

That causes Calibre to hand the task to the OS (must have a default set in the OS for that type)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #3
spooce
spooce began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite & PC
Thumbs up Solved!!

Awesome that did exactly what I was hoping for! Thank you!!
spooce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, djvu, library