Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #31651
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I imagine they have to keep track so they are putting the buses where they need to be when they need to be there. If you're concerned about privacy, couldn't you pay cash to buy your monthly card?
I get my card through my work so unfortunately not (unless I wanted to spend my own $1200/year for that - no thanks!)

For buses it does make sense, and I don't mind it, they can use the data to more accurately plan routes and how many buses they have on a particular route. For trains though, which is what I use 99+% of the time, they still expect people to tap on each time but it isn't like they can change the routes or even add more trains, at least at rush hour where they are close to capacity already.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:17 AM   #31652
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Good you found out in time.

Smart choice to not use Google/Facebook or any other site to authenticate logins on a different site.

Now, I beg the question: why didn't the hacker change your password, e-mail, and/or other recovery options? You'd effectively have lost your account and Spotify would have to step in to recover or block it.
Looking at the Spotify forum there are two kind of hackers: those that take over your account and kick you out and those that like to mess with your account. I might have been just in time, it might have been the latter type of hacker.

Last night I immediately emailed Spotify and they have just locked my account. I have to provide proof of payment (which I just did) and after they get it they will investigate the hacking, no word of when I get access to my account again.

I got a paid account on Spotify last month when they had an offer for 3 months for €9,99 (usually that's the monthly cost). Since getting my iPod I only used Spotify for listening to podcasts on my notebook in the morning and evening. And that I can just as easily do on my iPod (which I'm doing right now). So I had already planned on cancelling my subscription in March. So if I lose my account it wouldn't be a total loss, though it would be nice to get some money back, since I have only used one of the three months I paid for.

Okay, I just got an email telling me I have access to my account again and that everything has been reverted to before the hack.
And yes, this is exactly why I don't want to link accounts to either Facebook or Google or whatever.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:01 AM   #31653
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I woke up this morning just before 4am feeling slightly feverish and having a feeling at the back of my throat which means I'll be getting a sore throat and a runny/blocked nose. Next week I'm going on vacation and I didn't want a repeat of last year, when I had the flu. So I took a Lemsip and used throat spray. I did have a very weird dream, but now I'm feeling okay. I took another Lemsip, hopefully I can prevent myself from getting a cold.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #31654
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I wasn't able to stop the cold. This afternoon my throat started to hurt, badly, and now I have a slightly runny nose.

I've just taken stock of which medicines I have and which I need to stock up on tomorrow. My aim is now to minimize the severity and get better ASAP.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be as bad as last year. When I lost my sense of smell and taste for most of the week.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #31655
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:51 AM   #31656
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Thanks.

This morning the throat medicine is actually working, it wasn't yesterday. Which means I'm feeling slightly better. So far it looks like it's "just" a throat infection and the slightly runny nose is a symptom of that. I'll have to run an errand later for my mother and I'll go by the drugstore and stock up on throat pills and cough medicine (which I will need in a couple of days).

Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that today won't be a busy day in the store today and that the huge order my father made yesterday doesn't arrive today (because then I feel obligated to deal with that before I go on vacation).
Old 01-13-2018, 04:14 AM   #31657
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Infuse a some fine slices of white radish in honey, cover and put aside for an hour - drink the liquor.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #31658
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
...Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be as bad as last year. When I lost my sense of smell and taste for most of the week.

I lost my sense of taste once. Bought the ugliest pair of pants you ever did see. I'm still embarrassed to wear them.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #31659
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I lost my sense of taste once. Bought the ugliest pair of pants you ever did see. I'm still embarrassed to wear them.
*Groan*
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:00 AM   #31660
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:

Thanks for the funny. Loved it!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #31661
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I imagine they have to keep track so they are putting the buses where they need to be when they need to be there. If you're concerned about privacy, couldn't you pay cash to buy your monthly card?
If it's anything like the service here, you have to include your name address information in case you lose your card. Otherwise it's not replaceable.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #31662
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Grandfather, is that YOU?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:32 AM   #31663
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

LOL.

Luckily I'm feeling better already. I didn't sleep much, since my nose kept blocking up when I lay down in bed. I eventually got a couple of hours sleep whilst sitting up, though my neck isn't too happy about that. But my throat is feeling a lot better, still dry and a bit raw, but not really sore anymore. I did stock up on various throat and cough pills yesterday. Hopefully I won't need them.

I just now discovered that my father wants to go by a supplier before dropping me off tomorrow. A supplier that is in the opposite direction of the vacation park. Sigh. Which means that today I need to try and motivate him to email his order so it'll be ready for pick up when we get there. It's an old fashioned supplier, where you can take a shopping cart and walk through the warehouse yourself and pick up what you need. That's what my father likes to do. The drawback is that that usually takes two hours or so, because after he picks up the stuff he takes it to the counter and then the employee has to write down all the items, by hand, so they can make the invoice and email it later in the week.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:50 AM   #31664
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I just now discovered that my father wants to go by a supplier before dropping me off tomorrow. A supplier that is in the opposite direction of the vacation park. [...] The drawback is that that usually takes two hours or so,
Can't he take you first?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #31665
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Can't he take you first?
Nope. I can't check in until 3pm, the supplier closes at 4.30pm and it's an hour's drive. That'll leave him with not enough time to get what he needs. Also, Monday night is his billiard night. And his billiard club is literally around the corner from the vacation park. So it's more logical to first go to the supplier and then to the park.

Unfortunately, it looks like he won't have time to email the supplier the list of items he wants. He had arranged with my sister to go practice her driving and tonight he will have to make another order. Which means that I'll have some quality reading time in the car tomorrow.

On a more positive note: I had decided not to take craft things with me. But I had just enough space left over in the folding crate for my watercolour kit. So besides reading, gaming and watching movies I can also get creative if I feel like it. It'll be ideal weather for that, since it'll rain until at least the weekend.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness