Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
oda
oda began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura HD
kobo aura hd - screen blinking and 5 square blinking all time

Just got a new kobo aura hd in my hand. Have very bad internet connection at Langkawi, but succeded download and install kobo desktop and register the tablet to night.
no books in the library so I tried to copy two books from Calibre to the tablet. When I checked the books was sent directly to main (root) catalog. the format was epub and maybe one was pdf. After this the screen is white with 5 dots counting from 1 - 5 all the time.
Have tried factory reset (small hole in bottom) Nothing happened. Tried to turn it off, nothing hel - have now charged for one hour, but still the same blinking and "counting" on the screen. Need to get it fixed to day because I am "helping" a friend which are leaving for Thailand tomorrow. CAN SOMEONE HELP?? pLEASE ANSWER HERE WITH A COPY TO ODASAILING(A)GMAIL.COM
oda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
oda

Smile iS THIS THE PROBLEM? - It is syncing Kobo desktop now

It is syncing Kobo desktop now - Does that mean its building up the tablet from zero since I did the factory reset??? May be I am to impatient (8kb/s downloading is pretty slow...)

Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Kobo Aura HD is a Reader. It is not a tablet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
oda

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Kobo Aura HD is a Reader. It is not a tablet.
Sorry for that. Does it mean I am the wrong forum, and can the moderator help me with this? I am a completly newbee with this stuff..
Old 12-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oda View Post
Sorry for that. Does it mean I am the wrong forum, and can the moderator help me with this? I am a completly newbee with this stuff..
Not to worry, I've already flagged this for the staff to move.

One thing you could try is a factory reset. You will have to update the firmware again.

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...hd-or-kobo-glo
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2014, 02:13 AM   #6
oda

Two sessions going at the same time

Thanks for helping! After doing a factory reset it looks like there are two ongoings session at the same time
1: downloading eReader Upgrade
2: configuering and syncinh - loading dictionaries
And it newer stops... More than 60mb downloaded till now. I have only 2 free books in the library

What do I do wrong??
Old 12-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oda View Post
Thanks for helping! After doing a factory reset it looks like there are two ongoings session at the same time
1: downloading eReader Upgrade
2: configuering and syncinh - loading dictionaries
And it newer stops... More than 60mb downloaded till now. I have only 2 free books in the library

What do I do wrong??
The update is likely 80-85 mb so patience may be your best option at this point. Not sure how big the dictionaries are, but they are relatively slow even on a fast connection.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote