Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
Lt.Kippo
Lt.Kippo began at the beginning.

Device: KOA
KOA (1st Gen)

Just a simple question. New here. reading a lot on here.

I have a KOA that was Jailbroken on the factory dev image last year (2016). I recently updated it to 5.9.2.0.1 for the new functionality. All I really used was the screensaver hack. (why Amazon won't let us do this to start I'll never know .

Using knc1's script I successfully returned a Public Key, so I assume I'm still Jailbroken?, I know I can't do much with it at the moment as nothing works for this firmware.

Am I in fact still Jailbroken? and is there any hope for my beloved screensaver hack in the future?

The device is now in Airplane mode, as knc1 noted the folder trick to prevent updates is no longer functional on this firmware.

Thanks all!
Lt.Kippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Kippo View Post
Just a simple question. New here. reading a lot on here.

I have a KOA that was Jailbroken on the factory dev image last year (2016). I recently updated it to 5.9.2.0.1 for the new functionality. All I really used was the screensaver hack. (why Amazon won't let us do this to start I'll never know .

Using knc1's script I successfully returned a Public Key, so I assume I'm still Jailbroken?, I know I can't do much with it at the moment as nothing works for this firmware.

Am I in fact still Jailbroken? and is there any hope for my beloved screensaver hack in the future?

The device is now in Airplane mode, as knc1 noted the folder trick to prevent updates is no longer functional on this firmware.

Thanks all!
In the instructions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jail break

None of our add-ins are protected across updates, you must always re-install them.
A FAQ,
Although I hope to change that with the release of the new bridge code, which should be some time, just any day RSN.

Last edited by knc1; 01-23-2018 at 02:24 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
Lt.Kippo
Lt.Kippo began at the beginning.

Device: KOA
Man, I can be slow at times. Must be getting old. I knew you had to install things again, but did not know how. I did NOT realize I can manually run code via ;LOG mrpi It's working now and all is well.

Thank you for your response and all the hard work you do here knc1!

Last edited by Lt.Kippo; 01-23-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Lt.Kippo is offline   Reply With Quote