Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
skipster10
skipster10 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 10.5
Calibre 3.0 Content Server Perpetual Loading Please Wait

Windows 10 64-Bit Install. Long-time Calibre user including the content server.
Browser: Internet Explorer 11

After upgrading to 3.0, I reconfigured the Content Server (i.e., Set the Port, Enabled Require Username, Created User Account, Restarted Calibre and the Content Server). When trying to access the content server, I get a perpetual message "Loading Please Wait, You can also use a simple, non-javascript version of the site: here". If I click on here, the mobile site comes up. I am unable to access the regular site, however.

Note that I have two calibre servers and have the same experience on both.

Last edited by skipster10; 06-16-2017 at 11:27 AM.
skipster10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
mrbrimi
mrbrimi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc
Windows 10 64 bit using Edge error message:

"You are using a browser that does not have the iframe srcdoc attribute. This is not supported. Use a better browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, instead. You can also use the simplified /mobile interface if you do not have access to a modern browser."

Same machine using Internet Explorer 11 the page does not load. Displays message:

"Loading, please wait…

You can also use a simple, non-javascript version of this site: here"

Last edited by mrbrimi; 06-16-2017 at 11:44 AM.
mrbrimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
mrbrimi
mrbrimi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc
Same issues using Windows 10 32 bit.
mrbrimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipster10 View Post
Windows 10 64-Bit Install. Long-time Calibre user including the content server.
Browser: Internet Explorer 11

After upgrading to 3.0, I reconfigured the Content Server (i.e., Set the Port, Enabled Require Username, Created User Account, Restarted Calibre and the Content Server). When trying to access the content server, I get a perpetual message "Loading Please Wait, You can also use a simple, non-javascript version of the site: here". If I click on here, the mobile site comes up. I am unable to access the regular site, however.

Note that I have two calibre servers and have the same experience on both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrimi View Post
Windows 10 64 bit using Edge error message:

"You are using a browser that does not have the iframe srcdoc attribute. This is not supported. Use a better browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, instead. You can also use the simplified /mobile interface if you do not have access to a modern browser."

Same machine using Internet Explorer 11 the page does not load. Displays message:

"Loading, please wait…

You can also use a simple, non-javascript version of this site: here"
See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/ser...rowser-support
Quote:
The new calibre server makes lots of use of advanced HTML 5 and CSS 3 features. As such it requires an up-to-date browser to use. It has been tested on Android Chrome and iOS Safari as well as Chrome and Firefox on the desktop. It is known not to work with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge (hopefully Edge will start working when Microsoft gets around to implementing a few missing standards).
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote