Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #91
jnash
jnash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700, HTC Here, and iPod Touch
To follow up...

I took my own suggestion and loaded the EPUB I had attached into Sigil. I noticed that Calibre had attached a generic cover page to the EPUB. I removed that page and re-saved the EPUB. After this change I was able to test the file in both the Sony Library software as well as my PRS700. The file worked as expected in both places.

I am not sure what it was about that generic cover page that caused the problem. I have edited the file before in similar ways but I apparently did something different this time.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
-Jon
jnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #92
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnash View Post
To follow up...

I took my own suggestion and loaded the EPUB I had attached into Sigil. I noticed that Calibre had attached a generic cover page to the EPUB. I removed that page and re-saved the EPUB. After this change I was able to test the file in both the Sony Library software as well as my PRS700. The file worked as expected in both places.

I am not sure what it was about that generic cover page that caused the problem. I have edited the file before in similar ways but I apparently did something different this time.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
-Jon
You might want to bring this up in it's own thread so Kovid can fix this problem with the epub output.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #93
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
Well, I'm glad that I found this thread. I was going nuts trying to fix the justification on my old palm books that I was able to convert to html and then to lrf, to put on my sony 505. I have over 70.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lrf, right justify