Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
Alepsis10
Alepsis10 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Syncing Sideloaded Books

Hello guys, I'm thinking of buying my first eReader, and I made a post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=332461 about it in which I was trying without success to sync a Sideloaded png to Kindle Cloud, so I could read on my phone and laptop

Later I tried to do the same with the PocketBook Cloud and it did work I can see my synced books on both places, and the kind person who was helping me there told me that as far as they know, those synced books won't appear on the eReader, and I need confirmation on that feature.
Alepsis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alepsis10 View Post
Hello guys, I'm thinking of buying my first eReader, and I made a post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=332461 about it in which I was trying without success to sync a Sideloaded png to Kindle Cloud, so I could read on my phone and laptop

Later I tried to do the same with the PocketBook Cloud and it did work I can see my synced books on both places, and the kind person who was helping me there told me that as far as they know, those synced books won't appear on the eReader, and I need confirmation on that feature.
Your books will sync to the the PocketBook eReader. I can confirm that. I don't know about an image file. (Or did you mean something else by "png?")
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
Alepsis10

Ooh! Sorry, I didn't actually explained myself, according to Sirtel, I needed to rename my epub extension to png to send them to Kindle Cloud in order to not lose some features. The test I did with PB Cloud was with an epub.

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm really glad these ones have that feature. Now I only need to decide between a 6" device, I'm kinda between the Lux 4, Lux 5 (which isn't available in my country yet), and HD3, the main difference I see is the resolution, is 212 enough?

Last edited by Alepsis10; 08-20-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Ooh! Sorry, I didn't actually explained myself, according to Sirtel, I needed to rename my epub extension to png to send them to Kindle Cloud in order to not lose some features. The test I did with PB Cloud was with an epub.

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm really glad these ones have that feature. Now I only need to decide between a 6" device, I'm kinda between the Lux 4, Lux 5 (which isn't available in my country yet), and HD3, the main difference I see is the resolution, is 212 enough?
a 6" screen is not large enough no matter 212DPI or 300DPI. It's not going to work well enough no matter which Reader. You need a larger screen and the best screen size is 10.3" So that means the Pocketbook Inkpad X. Kindle screens are too small for PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:15 PM   #5
Alepsis10

So if it doesn't matter, I should go for the Lux 5, right? Since it's cheaper then the HD3
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 01:08 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So if it doesn't matter, I should go for the Lux 5, right? Since it's cheaper then the HD3
My most used readers during the last couple months have been PocketBooks with 212 ppi. screens. They render fonts well, but side to side with a 300 ppi reader you will notice the difference.

I can't really tell you which to get because I'm still going back and forth on this myself.

Touch Lux 5, 212 ppi, comfort light, microSD slot, 8 GB of RAM and dual core CPU.

Touch HD 3, 300 ppi, comfort light, NO microSD slot, 16 GB of RAM, dual core CPU, Bluetooth, TTS (text to speech), Audio Book support, plus it's waterproof.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #7
Alepsis10

Waterproof is nice, I guess, not having an SD sucks, but 16Gb is plenty for books, so that's ok

I'm pretty sure I won't be using these features of the HD 3: Bluetooth, TTS (text to speech), Audio Book support.

Would you say the price gap is worth it for the resolution upgrade and the waterproof?
Old 08-21-2020, 07:55 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Would you say the price gap is worth it for the resolution upgrade and the waterproof?
I haven't made the decision for myself yet. I don't know. Right now, it appears, the only model (of these two) I can buy in the U.S. is the HD3, but I can wait for a while and see what (eventually) shows up. I was even considering the possibility of buying a Basic Lux 2. Any of these would work well for me.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #9
Alepsis10

what eventually shows up as in HD 4?
Old 08-22-2020, 01:06 AM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
what eventually shows up as in HD 4?
I'm guessing the HD 4 is on its way (eventually), but I what I meant is, will a Touch Lux 5 or Basic Lux 2 even show up in the U.S.? As a U.S. buyer I may only be able to choose the HD 3 (at Newegg). TechInn had a pretty good selection of PocketBooks until just recently, apparently they've sold out of most of their PocketBook models now. Hopefully they'll get more in.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:32 AM   #11
Alepsis10

Aah I see I ended up ordering the HD3, had a 10% off. And this fancy origami case, it comes with a screen protector, but I feel like it's gonna just add glare to my device will skip that.

Thanks a lot for all your help, I really appreciate it! , maybe I'll be bothering you guys in the near feature if I can't figure out something once the device arrives lol.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Aah I see I ended up ordering the HD3, had a 10% off. And this fancy origami case, it comes with a screen protector, but I feel like it's gonna just add glare to my device will skip that.
Congratulations! Sounds good. I would enjoy reading about your impressions of the HD 3 when it shows up.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:52 AM   #13
Alepsis10

Been using my HD3 for about two weeks now, really nice device, resolution is excellent, I loaded some Mangas and the comic Bone just to see how it managed them, and I'm pretty impressed, they look really good! I have some questions regarding something that I either don't know how to fix:

The device tells me I have 1 notification, which I don't see when looking at them, so I don't know how to remove that icon on the Taskbar above.

Whenever I return to my reading book, it opens on the page I was on, but a sec later it loads a previous page, usually like 2 pages back.

The mobile app constantly tells me to relogin to my cloud account (daily) is this normal? It's a hassle.

I'm using Calibre to load my books, the cover size is wierd, if I make the cover the same ratio as the reader screen, it looks great on the turned off screen, but on the menus there are some white or black bands to fill the image slot, and viceversa, if I make a cover a size to fit on the menus, the turned off screen has vertical white or black bands, I find that really annoying lol

I figured how to refresh covers displayed on the device by erasing the cache, but some covers don't show up at all? I can see the covers when I'm using Pocketbook on my phone, but they don't show on the device that's wierd.