Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 03:18 PM   #7996
riothamus
Connoisseur
riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: None
So I've been using FFF browser cache with FanFictionDownloader for a while now with few issues. I've just had to stop doing a bulk text file and do one fic at a time. However, today after updating to the latest versions of Calibre and FFF I'm getting the following error:

Code:
HTTP Error in FFF 'Page not found or expired in Browser Cache (see FFF setting browser_cache_age_limit)'(428) URL:'https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13983713/1/Wizards-of-the-Caribbean'
Any help would be appreciated as I didn't change any settings. This happened with 2 different fics.
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:31 PM   #7997
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Tried clearing the browser cache before opening the page again? That usually resolves it for me.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #7998
riothamus
Connoisseur
riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Tried clearing the browser cache before opening the page again? That usually resolves it for me.
I'm not even sure how I would clear the browser cache for FanFictionDownloader. It seems to clear when it closes and when you download a new story.
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:42 PM   #7999
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
The refactoring of Browser Cache feature in the last release uses the full title URLs now for ffnet stories.

It looks like FanFictionDownloader still uses ffnet story/chapter URLs without the title, which FFF doesn't look for now.

Honestly, I don't think I remembered to test with FanFictionDownloader. I assumed it was the same as Chrome.

I'll think about whether there's something I can do about that or not. My computer time is limited right now due to a medical issue.

In the meantime, you can downgrade to FFF v4.19 or switch to using one of the other methods instead of FanFictionDownloader. The open_pages_in_browser feature is what the refactoring was for.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:18 PM   #8000
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I'll think about whether there's something I can do about that or not. My computer time is limited right now due to a medical issue.
Hope you (or whoever is having the medical issue) feel better soon!
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction