Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
bachvarov
bachvarov began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Touch HD3
Pocketbook Touch HD 3 clock broken.

I have this issue on my pocketbook. The system clock just does not run anymore. It always shows the same time. Or sometimes it advances a few minutes and after restart is back to the initial time. This started after installation of Koreader. Factory reset, formatting and reflashing the firmware does not solve the issue. Has anyone experienced something similar?
bachvarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
Yes, I have the same problem on my Inkpad 3, but I also haven't been able the find its cause. PB support and a PB representative at e-reader-forum.de both suggested that it may be a hardware issue, and I should send the device in. (I did not until now, but I probably will at some point before the end of warranty.)
My first suspect was also Koreader, but the devs said it's nonsense. (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=316768) Just out of curiosity: have you reinstalled Koreader after the reset & reformat? Or did anything change with a fresh, Koreader-less install?

Last edited by zslengyel; 10-20-2019 at 10:49 AM.
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
bachvarov

Thank you for the reply. Reinstalling koreader does not make any difference. I think the koreader installation somehow damaged the motherboard, no matter what the devs say. I will have to send the reader back.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:31 AM   #4
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
Would you be so kind as to report what happens to your device and whether they really accept this issue as legitimate? Thank you!
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #5
bachvarov

I managed to send it back to pocketbook. As i suspected it was a motherboard issue. They replaced it and now everything works fine. I am satisfied with their RMA service, It took a week for everything (shipping to Poland and back included),
Old 02-01-2021, 02:36 AM   #6
kora13
kora13 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 633 color
same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachvarov View Post
I have this issue on my pocketbook. The system clock just does not run anymore. It always shows the same time. Or sometimes it advances a few minutes and after restart is back to the initial time. This started after installation of Koreader. Factory reset, formatting and reflashing the firmware does not solve the issue. Has anyone experienced something similar?
Hi, I know I am kinda late to this, but have you fixed it somehow? I´am experiencing same problem with my 633 color
kora13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:39 AM   #7
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kora13 View Post
Hi, I know I am kinda late to this, but have you fixed it somehow? I´am experiencing same problem with my 633 color
You didn't read the post above yours, did you?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:42 AM   #8
kora13
kora13 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 633 color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
You didn't read the post above yours, did you?
I was just going to delete it
kora13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kora13 View Post
Out of curiosity, did you also install KoReader on your 633?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #10
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
There have been several cases of clock stalling when the device is turned off or suspended (not exactly the same case as discussed here) . It happened to me with the InkPad 3. I removed the back cover and disconnected the battery and everything went back to normal when I reconnected it. (Obviously on devices with water protection it is not recommended to do this) . I don't think KOReader has anything to do with it. I use it on all my PocketBook devices and it has only happened once. Other people don't use KOReader and it has also happened to them.
cellaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:21 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
... I don't think KOReader has anything to do with it. I use it on all my PocketBook devices and it has only happened once. Other people don't use KOReader and it has also happened to them.
Okay, thanks. So far I haven't had any clock issues with my PocketBooks. Hope that continues.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:16 PM   #12
GalOR
GalOR began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3 PB740
Clock hanged with Inkpad 3 (PB740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
There have been several cases of clock stalling when the device is turned off or suspended (not exactly the same case as discussed here) . It happened to me with the InkPad 3. I removed the back cover and disconnected the battery and everything went back to normal when I reconnected it.
hi cellaris, this was a cool hint with disconnecting the battery. Must confess somehow logical as the device has no hw reset and for this cut off the energy is the only way then. Fixit from Poland would have asked 75€ for this easy remedy. Interesting I also had KOReader installed beforehand. So is this really ramdomly or is the a coincidence? Anyway thanks again. My device is having a functional clock again.
BR GalOR
GalOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 01:31 PM   #13
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Hello, how did you open your Inkpad? Do you have a hint doing this without breaking all in pieces? Thanks much! Any photo would help too...
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 07:23 PM   #14
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
The InkPad 3 can be opened with your fingernail. No special tools are required. Then all you have to do is disconnect the battery tab.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220821_011805.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	935.6 KB
ID:	196002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220821_005511.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	196003   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220821_011408.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	196004   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220821_011434.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	196005   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220821_011515.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	196006  
cellaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:24 PM   #15
danielk1591
danielk1591 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad X
"Hello, I have two Pocketbook Inkpad X devices that I purchased new, six months apart. I installed Koreader on both devices and on both e-readers, the automatic clock synchronization is no longer working. I have returned both e-readers for warranty repair with Fixit in Poland. It seems that Koreader is causing a problem with the Pocketbook. I like Koreader and would like to reinstall it after it is returned from the after-sales service. For people in this situation who have reinstalled Koreader, has the malfunction reappeared?"
danielk1591 is offline   Reply With Quote