Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #2671
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Amazon is offering a smart plug for $5 with any Echo or Dot purchase, which means I got the smart plug and the Dot for only $35.
That's a great deal!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #2672
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
That's a great deal!
I know! I've been wanting to get a smart plug anyway, so it's like getting the Dot practically free. I think the smart plug will be especially useful for some of my Christmas lights.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #2673
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Oh! The TP-link mini smart plug 2 pack is a great price. I've had my eye on the minis since they came out, waiting for a price drop. We have four of the bigger ones currently in the house, I can swap out two of them, and relocate the big ones elsewhere.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #2674
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Google v Amazon: YouTube app pulled from Fire TV and Echo Show

It's war

Quote:
Public spat between two of world’s biggest tech companies intensifies as Google uses access to video platform as leverage to force retailer to sell its products

Google is using YouTube as leverage over Amazon to try and force the world’s largest retailer to sell its Home smart speakers, Chromecasts and Nest products.

Google has pulled official support for YouTube from Amazon’s Echo Show and Fire TV devices, meaning that owners can no longer access the video site through a YouTube app.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:10 AM   #2675
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon’s Alexa can now play music for your alarm

Quote:
Amazon has added music alarms to Alexa. For all Alexa devices that support alarms, which include all the Echo devices but does not include Fire TV devices, you can select a song or type of music to be played when the alarm goes off, instead of the alarm sound being played. The feature works with all of the supported music services available through Alexa, which include Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, SiriusXM, and iHeartRadio.

To set a music alarm, simply say “Alexa, set an alarm with [music choice] at [time].” Another acceptable command is “Alexa, wake me up at [time] to [music choice].” If you want the alarm to automatically repeat, you can add “…everyday” or “…every [day of the week]” to the end of either command.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:14 AM   #2676
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amz Echo Sale -- retail/lowest/Blk Fri/current --> details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-14-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #2677
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amz Echo Sale -- retail/lowest/Blk Fri/current --> details

...and the offer to add a TPLink smart outlet for $5 is still on as well.
That pushed me over the edge. I hope my wife doesn't read this thread. The Echo 2 will likely be her stocking stuffer.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #2678
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

What's New?

Alexa's new features, skills and devices.

Quote:
Music Alarms

Wake up to your favorite music and radio stations on Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, SiriusXM, and iHeartRadio.

To get started, select a default music service: Settings > Music & Media > Default Music Service
Quote:
Ask Alexa...
  • "Set an alarm to Adele"
  • "Wake me up to country music"
  • "Set an alarm to BBC News on TuneIn"
  • "Wake me up to Kiss FM on TuneIn"
Quote:
Better with Amazon Music

Ask Alexa...
  • “Wake me up to relaxing music"
  • “Wake me up to pop music for running”
  • “Wake me up with Location by Khalid"
  • "Wake me up to the song that goes... I've paid my dues time after time"
  • "Alexa wake me up to 80's music"
Old 12-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #2679
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
The new music alarm feature sounds good. These little additions to the Alexa devices are why they are so popular.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #2680
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
The new music alarm feature sounds good. These little additions to the Alexa devices are why they are so popular.
Ya know, for all that the Echo can do, I only use it to play music and audiobooks, and the occasional kitchen timer.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #2681
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
...and the offer to add a TPLink smart outlet for $5 is still on as well.
That pushed me over the edge. I hope my wife doesn't read this thread. The Echo 2 will likely be her stocking stuffer.
Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting to add it to the list. It's now added
Old 12-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #2682
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
That's must be a good size stocking! Hope there's still room in there for candy!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #2683
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
That's must be a good size stocking! Hope there's still room in there for candy!
The trick will be preventing the Echo from crushing the chocolate Santa.
Actually, it's supposed to have same-day delivery, so if it shows up in time tonight, it'll be a Hanukkah gift instead.

[ETA:. It showed up in time!]

Last edited by ApK; 12-12-2017 at 06:32 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #2684
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ya know, for all that the Echo can do, I only use it to play music and audiobooks, and the occasional kitchen timer.
Don't use it for audio books (I find the immersion of headphones much better), but I could't live without the shopping list or timers. And it's useful when I'm in the kitchen and need to do a quick conversion between units.

And, of course, it controls the lights in several rooms.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:10 AM   #2685
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Heads Up

The $5 TP-Link Smart Plug Promo is sold out.

You can still get them on sale for $20. Echo purchase not required.