Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
coffegrinder
coffegrinder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle doesn't display title as is in Calibre

Hi!

I use Calibre as my e-book manager for my K3. All my books are in mobi-format. Some of the books have incorrect titles and/or author names and I have corrected this in Calibre, but when I put the books into my K3, it only displays the old (incorrect) titles and/or author names. Why is that?
I just can't make any sense of why it works on some books but not others.

My English is, when it comes to computers, a bit lacking in vocabulary so please explain in simple terms.... (Not only my English, ALL my computer terms are lacking, no matter the language...)

coffegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Input mobi... output mobi... convert.

If you changed the metadata of your mobi's in calibre, you need do a mobi to mobi conversion to write those changes to the file itself (if you want to see those changes displayed on your Kindle). Otherwise, your changes only exist in calibre's metadata database.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
coffegrinder
coffegrinder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Aha, thank you!
coffegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Input mobi... output mobi... convert.

If you changed the metadata of your mobi's in calibre, you need do a mobi to mobi conversion to write those changes to the file itself (if you want to see those changes displayed on your Kindle). Otherwise, your changes only exist in calibre's metadata database.
No, that's not so. You only need to do a Mobi to Mobi conversion if you change the cover image. Metadata changes will automatically be written to the book any time you send the book to the device, or save it to disk.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, that's not so. You only need to do a Mobi to Mobi conversion if you change the cover image. Metadata changes will automatically be written to the book any time you send the book to the device, or save it to disk.
what i do to assure that i get a clean new set of files on the device is before i do a 'send to device' i delete the book[s] from the device that i'm going to send (using calibre).

Last edited by alansplace; 09-16-2011 at 02:19 AM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert