Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-01-2022, 07:26 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
My Meebook P10 Pro

I got this device two weeks ago. It's the second E-INK reader I have. The first is iRex iLiad 2nd edition, which is more than 10 years ago.

I think it's a successor to Likebook P10. Weird though, last year I heard that Boyue faced some serious financial problems and were unlisted in stock market. I was going to buy Likebook P10, but cut the idea after reading the news.

Meebook P10 Pro seems produced by Boyue, but I can't find official website. Only some review video on Youtube.

After installed my needed apps, I used it for a a while, not too much. I think it's a good 10' e-reader worth the money. I don't need warranty. It's a risk I am willing to take. Fortunately, the device seems working fine till this moment.

Some points I think worth to note:
1. 200 DPI, 1600X1200. not high resolution, but enough for reading or watching manga.

2. Android 11. Google Store supported. I can install any APKs for Android. It's good because I the bundled default reader application is not enough for me. The default reader application is OK. Nothing bad. I just want to use my preferred applications.

3. E-INK screen response is better, comparing to my experience with iRex iLiad. Not fast enough, but I am satisfied.

4. The protection cover is so so, but still a must buy.

5. I don't need writing, so I didn't buy the pen. Touch screen is enough for me to operate it like a pad or slate.

6. The latest firmware to update is V1.3.1 20220803. It's a good sign, meaning that the device is still supported, not an left-to-dead product.

7. 64 GB internal storage. No add-in card slot. I want a device with card slot, but it seems I have to accept the fact and live with it.

Last edited by ericshliao; 10-01-2022 at 07:42 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 03:10 AM   #2
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
Providing you didn't pay silly money for it you should be pleased.

Boyue products are beautifully packaged. I was expecting something approaching an iPad in performance but with a e-ink screen. Dream on. Browsing is glacial. Don't worry about firmware updates and upgrading android. I never noticed the difference with the Alita. The note taking function was one of the main attractions for me but I soon gave that up as too complicated and buggy. it's good that you didn't pay extra for that.

One big annoyance with my Alita is how fast the battery drains when connected to wi-fi. I need to have this turned on because I use the connection with Word ref and Reverso to translate new words.

The Boyue section here is pretty well dead so don't over experiment - support is difficult to find. Just find a couple of reading apps that suit and stick to reading rather than tweaking.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2023, 05:38 AM   #3
atl068
atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Onyx Boox m96
Thanks for sharing. I am posting this reply using the Boyue Muses. As an owner of many e-ink devices including 3 Boox devices, I think the Boyue products are actually such a bargain. If only they keep improving their software... In some ways Boyue's built in reader is more pleasant and easier to use. You should enjoy the device. Sadly Boyue is not getting the love it deserves.
atl068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:04 AM   #4
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

I believe that Boyue are no longer in business so little hope of software development. Unless something has changed that was the situation being reported a year ago. There may well be Boyue stock to clear.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:01 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
I believe that Boyue are no longer in business so little hope of software development. Unless something has changed that was the situation being reported a year ago. There may well be Boyue stock to clear.
Its not Boyue Likebook - it is Haoqingtech Meebook
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2023, 02:36 AM   #6
bazz2004
Groupie

I can't find any information about that company but there is a review dated mid 2022 for a Meebook P10.

https://www.makeuseof.com/meebook-p1...taking-review/
Old 01-06-2023, 08:17 AM   #7
atl068
atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Onyx Boox m96
Boyue lives on as meebook. Even the firmware updates are numbered based on Boyue. Older Boyue devices like my Muses or even the relatively new p10 will not get updates. Stuck at Android 8.1. But the new ones like p10pro under Meebook moniker, is still being updated. I think their devices are good enough for the price that they deserve some support. But sadly... it is only good enough for most things... and most people seem to have lots of disposable income, so it is not selling as well as it deserves. I just like more competitors. And while I do not have Bigme devices, reviewers seem to think the software is still much better on Boyue/Meebook. I find some settings and some apps work better on Boyue than the Onyx. But Onyx clearly has more polish on their built in apps.
atl068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:33 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl068 View Post
But Onyx clearly has more polish on their built in apps.
In my opinion, Likebook/Meebook is much better in the operating system area, especially in the file system - Boox in the area of the supplied application; if you don't use them or only rarely, then you're better off software-wise with Meebook devices
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:53 AM   #9
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Firmware got update: MEEBOOK-V1.4.0-2023010415
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 01:47 AM   #10
Niclaus
Niclaus began at the beginning.

Device: Meebook P10 pro
Tell me where you can download the firmware as update.zip, or *.img
Niclaus is offline   Reply With Quote