Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #1
alexstacey
alexstacey began at the beginning.

Device: i{ad Mini 6, Pocketbook InkPad Color 3, Kobo Elipsa 2E
Kobo IOS App

Hi,
Apologies if I am in the wrong forum. I have downloaded the Kobo ios app hoping that I could sideload my KEpub books into the app. I opened up the file sharing section on iTunes, found the Kobo app and copied a few books which, according to what I have read, would automatically upload themselves on to the iPad, just like Apple's own Books app does. However, nada. They show up on Itunes on the computer even when I disconnect and reconnect. Kobo app says nothing.
Any ideas, suggestions, alternatives or even the right forum to post this would be very helpful.

Kind regards

Alex
alexstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Try an ePub file?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
alexstacey

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried both ePub and KePub. No joy. The only books I can use seem to be ones I buy through Kobo but none of my previously acquired stuff sitting on my computer or in my Aura One. The only reason I want them on my iPad is for the colour and the speed of all the gestures etc. I am now housebound so am not really bothered about the ability of reading outdoors, which I know the iPad and its ilk are notoriously bad due to their reflective screen. Ah well. I will now look for an alternative because ibooks seems a bit bloated for my liking but maybe I should give it another go.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
What about placing the files in an app like Dropbox, then using the "Open in" option, and picking the Kobo app?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
alexstacey

Thanks. I use SendAnywhere instead of Dropbox as I find it much quicker. Result is that I can send Epubs to iPad and they are accepted by the Kobo app. With Kepubs there is no option presented to send to Kobo app but, nevertheless, I can now happily upload all my Epubs and enjoy reading in full colour (sorry Aura One). Many thanks again to all who responded for helping out an ageing idiot with no real grasp of the digital world.
Advert