Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
EZPuzzler
Connoisseur
EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Sony T2
Picture Size

I have had problems in the past posting pictures, due to size. After searching tonight I can not find the guidelines for posting pictures. Could you point me in the right direction.

Ah. Little more searching 600x600 pixels.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fa...ing_guidelines

Last edited by EZPuzzler; 01-25-2019 at 11:19 PM.
EZPuzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZPuzzler View Post
I have had problems in the past posting pictures, due to size. After searching tonight I can not find the guidelines for posting pictures. Could you point me in the right direction.

Ah. Little more searching 600x600 pixels.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fa...ing_guidelines
yes, but this does not apply to attachments so you can always attach a picture. The reason for the limit is that huge pictures take a large space on the screen, bigger than some portable products by users and all this have to scrolled and perhaps cannot even be viewed on a screen which is a pain.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use a free program called IrfanView to manipulate images. https://www.irfanview.com/. There is a wiki page for it IrfanView.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It used to be that you needed extra programs like Irfanview, Paintshop , to manipulate pictures. No longer.

Window 7 (up) includes:
The Snipping tool for capturing all or portions of the screen.
Paint can crop and resize pictures (and maintain Aspect ratio).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It used to be that you needed extra programs like Irfanview, Paintshop , to manipulate pictures. No longer.

Window 7 (up) includes:
The Snipping tool for capturing all or portions of the screen.
Paint can crop and resize pictures (and maintain Aspect ratio).
Yes, paint (mspaint) has been around for a long time. I use it for certain things but I prefer Irfanview particularly for resizing. Irfanview has a menu option where you can specify a different editor for the current picture and I have mspaint listed.

Dale
Advert
Old 02-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Pity MS's Snip and Sketch didn't include basic editing like crop, cut and resize, instead of glitz and glamour sparkling pens and such - and blur would have been nice. Still it's an advance on the old tool. And at last there is a rudimentary clipboard history facility, something that should have been there since the getgo.

I only got 1809 last week - I guess 190? will hit the streets soon.

But in most instances there's no need to resize an image to post it here, thumbnails are often better because they don't detract from the text.

I just discovered there is a crop feature in S&S

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-18-2019 at 06:15 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Of course a crop reduces size at the expense of removing part of the image while resize keeps the whole image and can reduce size by scaling everything down. which one to use depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Both need to be available to the user.