Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
MooInk and MooInk Plus from Taiwan

I have created a MooInk page in our wiki. The page contains 2 models. This was featured on the E Ink web site (https://www.eink.com/reading-writing...plication&id=1) so I decided to create a page for our Chinese friends. The page was created using Google translation. I have no idea how well this works or if it works with English text. It does have special Chinese features such as changing the flow direction for text. The Plus version has actual keys as well as a touch screen and both feature SD card extensions for more memory.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:23 AM   #2
plainbriny
Enthusiast
plainbriny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
They are from Taiwan, not China.
Designed and manufactured in Taiwan.

The third model mooInk Pro, a 10.3" device with stylus will begin pre-order in mid July, with a very competitive price for super early bird (USD$500 -> USD$320).

The system is based on Android but you can not install apps.

They are featured in e-ink because they are backed by a e-book store, not just standalone devices.

BTW, Nook is also assembled in Taiwan.

Last edited by plainbriny; 06-28-2019 at 05:38 AM. Reason: add more information
plainbriny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:08 AM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainbriny View Post
They are from Taiwan, not China.
Designed and manufactured in Taiwan.

The third model mooInk Pro, a 10.3" device with stylus will begin pre-order in mid July, with a very competitive price for super early bird (USD$500 -> USD$320).

The system is based on Android but you can not install apps.

They are featured in e-ink because they are backed by a e-book store, not just standalone devices.

BTW, Nook is also assembled in Taiwan.
I don't think so. At least the mooink 6" is just a rebranded generic Netronix E60QH2 (china based), like the Bq Cervantes 4

Probably, based on this video, the firmware is Linux + Qt too.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
plainbriny
Enthusiast

I am one of the first to get a mooInk, it's definitely android based, specifically android 4.4.2. See attachment.

mooInk is indeed made by NETRONIX, but it's a Taiwanese company.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cb8y7-y8ye1.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	172158  

Last edited by plainbriny; 06-28-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Thanks for the info @plainbriny, I was wrong.

I didn't expect Android as the os with only 1500 mAh. I guess it is a stripped down version, but even then the battery should last longer in linux, avoiding the overhead of the android framework.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:22 AM   #6
plainbriny
Enthusiast

Some more info.
The first mooInk is made in Taiwan, but the latest model mooInk Pro will be made in China.

mooInk Pro is interesting because it has bigger screen (10.3"), larger battery (2000mAh) but even lighter (240g) than the previous models. Also it supports stylus for note taking on pdf files.

The pre-order starts on July 16th. Will update when more info become available.

Update: Based on the appearance, mooInk Pro might be a rebranded Sony DPT-CP1, with RAM and ROM doubled. Not sure about the internal software though.

Last edited by plainbriny; 07-12-2019 at 06:54 PM. Reason: additional info