Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2017, 07:49 AM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipik52846 View Post
MY KOA2:
Serial: G000 SA
Firmware: 5.9.0.5.1
I want to Jailbreak my device.
Thank you!
and you can't wait more than 4 hours in the middle of the night?
People here do not respond well to pressure and since you have not purchased an after-market support contract ....
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #47
lbear
lbear doesn't litterlbear doesn't litterlbear doesn't litter

Device: kindle oasis 2
Hi knc1,

Really appreciate your work with kindle. I have a kindle oasis 2 with serial number start from G000 S109, version number 5.9.0.6.

Could I get the password to access the jailbreak files?

Thank you!
lbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #48
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Hey knc1, I am sorry if I wasn't clear before. I would really appreciate some advice with what I should do with my second generation Oasis. It is updated. What should I do next? As I mentioned before, I created the .partial file which was mentioned would prevent updates. Is this appropriate? Is this best? Should I remove it? What do you recommend?

Last edited by Pizza_Cant_Read; 11-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
Hey knc1, I am sorry if I wasn't clear before. I would really appreciate some advice with what I should do with my second generation Oasis. It is updated. What should I do next? As I mentioned before, I created the .partial file which was mentioned would prevent updates. Is this appropriate? Is this best? Should I remove it? What do you recommend?
use it to read books until we have something working for you to put on it.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #50
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
use it to read books until we have something working for you to put on it.
My question is concerning the update.bin.tmp.partial file mentioned in your walkthrough. I am not sure what the release cycle is like but should I use this file to prevent future updates?
Old 11-26-2017, 09:09 PM   #51
knc1
Going Viral

Yes
At least if that is what you want done.

I don't recall ever writing anywhere that someone should remove it at any time.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:44 PM   #52
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce

Neither did you advise anyone who already updated to create the file, hence the question. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:35 AM   #53
voyeah
voyeah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by otanim View Post
As I understand, to unlock PM messaging I need to wait 1 month ։)
Well, I'll be in touch ։)
You may add him as a friend in your contact to receive his private message.
voyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:10 AM   #54
otanim
Enthusiast
otanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura about

Device: KOA, KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyeah View Post
voyeah, thanks for the advise.

knc1 I've sent you a friend request, I hope that will fix the PM issue.
otanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyeah View Post
Quote:

That can make a difference with the Visitor Message system.
It does not make a difference to the Private Message system.

I do not use the Visitor Message system.
I only use the Private Message system.

Using a proxy server so that the new member appears to be in a different part of the world (where is: AM?) would probably fix the problem.
Or a VPN to somewhere outside of their own IP address region might also fix the problem.

I have no way to contact the owners or operators of this site.
They stopped responding to my messages years ago.
They have also stopped their support activities for this forum.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:42 AM   #56
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

Just post more. I think you are getting close.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #57
otanim
Enthusiast
otanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Using a proxy server so that the new member appears to be in a different part of the world (where is: AM?) would probably fix the problem.
Or a VPN to somewhere outside of their own IP address region might also fix the problem.
Oh, AM is ISO Alpha-2 code as "Armenia". I've tried to change my info about location into a different various types. Also I've tried to use VPN (country: US), but seems this issue is not related with the country itself, idk, maybe I should have registered via VPN and maybe that's why system doesn't accept my account as a "trusted".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Just post more. I think you are getting close.
I just don't want to flood this thread with random messages, I hope I can contribute to this thread with non useless messages.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #58
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -
I just don't want to flood this thread with random messages, I hope I can contribute to this thread with non useless messages.
Random messages that make no contribution ....
We have a place for that:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
I do not joke.
Run your post count up to ten then see if the system will let you in.
Armenia?
That is what I guessed, but just wanted to confirm.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #59
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Oh, AM is ISO Alpha-2 code as "Armenia". I've tried to change my info about location into a different various types. Also I've tried to use VPN (country: US), but seems this issue is not related with the country itself, idk, maybe I should have registered via VPN and maybe that's why system doesn't accept my account as a "trusted".

Not this thread. We have other areas as well. Oh I see knc1 linked to it.
In one thread alone in the lounge I have over 5,000 posts. Most of those have win in them.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #60
otanim
Enthusiast

knc1, Cinisajoy.
it doesn't help. there is no changes. maybe good old method will work: waiting
so is there no any options to keep this thread private via password, I do remember that phpBB based forums do have this kind of functionality?

Last edited by otanim; 11-27-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Tags
jailbreak, koa2