Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
cyberprincess
cyberprincess began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Paperwhite-non amazon download files not available in family library

Hello ,

I have copied non amazon downloaded files in az3 format to kindle paperwhite, I can see it in my library All / Downloaded,

however I am trying to setup kids profile by going to

settings -> household &family library and selecting a child dropdown and library, I cannot see the copied files , all I can see are downloaded from Amazon, need help in sorting this so I can assign books to profiles.

I also tried mobi format it is the same.

Thankyou.
cyberprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
That is how Amazon designed it. A child profile cannot see anything not from Amazon.
Same rules for books. Videos on fire tablets..
it's not unreasonable for Amazon's line to be: if you want us to maintain a safe environment for a child then all content must come from and be age rated by us.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
cyberprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
That is how Amazon designed it. A child profile cannot see anything not from Amazon.
Same rules for books. Videos on fire tablets..
it's not unreasonable for Amazon's line to be: if you want us to maintain a safe environment for a child then all content must come from and be age rated by us.
Thank you , atleast that explains, what I am looking to do is not possible
Old 12-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
the workaround - is: don't use the for kids/ child profile stuff. give them an " adult" profile but combine that with your choice of password protected parental controls
e.g. you can lock out the kindle store, social media access etc. that way and still have a functioning " for books" device that you can sideload.
on a PW d you don't have video to worry about , but if you did - e.g. on a fire tablet or tv- there are separate age related controls over when a PIN is needed to view. Which can also be done outside of actual child profile
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #5
cyberprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
the workaround - is: don't use the for kids/ child profile stuff. give them an " adult" profile but combine that with your choice of password protected parental controls
e.g. you can lock out the kindle store, social media access etc. that way and still have a functioning " for books" device that you can sideload.
on a PW d you don't have video to worry about , but if you did - e.g. on a fire tablet or tv- there are separate age related controls over when a PIN is needed to view. Which can also be done outside of actual child profile
I will try this out and let you know how it goes.
Advert