Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #76
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance Pr.BarnArt for making this change. As I've said before, I use this plugin all the time.
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #77
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I haven't been getting ANY ratings for the past few days. I reinstalled both plugins and removed all but the Goodreads rating and amazon metadata sources and left the publisher to be filled by Goodreads only. I am reading that this isn't just me (thankfully) because I have been making changes to my library and didn't know if I messed it up.

If this is being fixed or looked into then ignore this post, and I will look back later
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #78
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurebum View Post
thanks for the plugin. i use it a lot. it wasn't working for me earlier so i checked it out and it seems they changed the layout of goodreads pages. new xpath line in parse_rating:

Code:
rating_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="bookMeta"]/span[@itemprop="ratingValue"]')
thanks again.
Thanks futerebum for notifying
I have made a beta update of the goodreads_rating plugin: version 0.2.6
It's available at the start of this thread. You do not need to reinstall the frating-plugin, only the goodreads_rating plugin needs an update.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #79
arialvetica
arialvetica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
[*] do a metadatasearch with the goordreads_rating plugin.
I'm not sure how to "do a metadatasearch." Can someone tell me how?
arialvetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:26 AM   #80
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by arialvetica View Post
I'm not sure how to "do a metadatasearch." Can someone tell me how?
Select a book, choose edit metadata and do a search with only the goodreadsX plug-in. ( Note the X, it is a modified version of the original goodreads plugin)
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #81
arialvetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
Select a book, choose edit metadata and do a search with only the goodreadsX plug-in. ( Note the X, it is a modified version of the original goodreads plugin)
Thanks for the quick response! I am still getting the "0 books found" error. Here are the steps I am taking, hopefully you can let me know where I went wrong.

SETUP
1. Download both plugins, install manually, restart calibre (screenshot showing that these are installed successfully)
2. Run frating "check and create" to create the gr1 column, restart calibre again (actually rebooted my computer at this point) (screenshot showing that the column was created correctly)

USE
1. Click on a book.
2. Click on Edit metadata individually.
3. Click on Download metadata (I don't see an option to ONLY use the goodreadsX plug-in -- here's a screenshot of what I do see.)
4. Here's a screenshot of the dialogue that pops up next.
5. Click on "Run frating"
6. Click on "Set decimal retings."
7. Then I get this error:
calibre, version 3.44.0
Updated database: Finished extracting rating from publisherfield
- for a total of 0 books

I think the problem is that I am not "doing a metadatasearch using the goodreadsX plugin," but I can't figure out where that button would be located.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #82
arialvetica

Aha! I've solved my own problem and I've rewritten the documentation to make it more fool-proof for users like me.

Quote:
INSTALLATION

1. Download both linked plugins (current version is always at the bottom of the original post).
2. Install both linked plugins. To do this, click on "Preferences," then under the "Advanced" heading click on "Plugins." For each plugin, click on "Load plugin from file." Find the ZIP file you just downloaded, click "Open." Click "Yes" on the "Are you sure?" dialogue. Restart calibre after installing plugins.
3. Click on the "Run frating" icon (looks like an orange starburst).
4. Click on "Check and create custom column." (Optional: You can change the Column Heading through Preferences: Add Your Own Columns. Double-click on the #gr1 column, and type whatever you prefer in the "Column Heading" field. Do NOT change the lookup name.)
5. Restart calibre.

USAGE

To download ratings for an individual book (good for checking if you've done setup correctly.)
1. Click on a book title in the main calibre window.
2. Click on "Edit metadata individually".
3. Next to "Download metadata," click on the Configure Download icon (looks like a "Preferences/Settings" icon, hover-text should read "Change how calibre downloads metadata.")
4. Ensure "Goodreads_Rating" is the ONLY checked Source, then Apply changes.
5. Click on "Download metadata".
6. When the download is complete, click "OK" first for the metadata, then "OK" again for the cover.
7. Click "OK" again to save changes and close the Edit Metadata window.
8. Click on the "Run frating" icon (looks like an orange starburst).
9. Click on "Set decimal retings." After this processes, you'll see a dialogue box either confirming whether it worked ("Finished extracting rating from publisherfield - for a total of X books") or not ("Finished extracting rating from publisherfield - for a total of 0 books"). Click OK to close the dialogue. Now, in the main calibre window, in this book's row and under the gr_ratings column, you should see a number ranging from 0.0 to 5.0.

To download ratings in bulk
1. Select a range of books in the main calibre window.
2. Click on "Download metadata and covers".
3. Click on "Configure Download".
4. Ensure "Goodreads_Rating" is the ONLY checked Source, then Apply changes.
5. Click on "Download only metadata".
6. When the download is complete, click "Yes".
7. Click "OK" again to save changes and close the Edit Metadata window.
8. Click on the "Run frating" icon (looks like an orange starburst).
9. Click on "Set decimal retings." After this processes, you'll see a dialogue box either confirming whether it worked ("Finished extracting rating from publisherfield - for a total of X books") or not ("Finished extracting rating from publisherfield - for a total of 0 books"). Click OK to close the dialogue. Now, in the main calibre window, in each book's row and under the gr_ratings column, you should see a number ranging from 0.0 to 5.0.

!NOTE: When downloading metadata from your usual sources (to get book covers, tags, etc), you'll need to go back to the "Configure Download" window and select your preferred sources. When downloading Goodreads Decimal Ratings, you'll need to repeat the steps to download ONLY from Goodreads_Rating.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #83
marshie250
Enthusiast
marshie250 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
This plugin is great! Do you think this same method could be used to populate a column with the number of reviews a book has on Goodreads? I have a custom column set up (integers, not floating), but I can't seem to populate the column--I'm totally lost with plugins!
marshie250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #84
Enesco
Enesco began at the beginning.

Device: ipad Kobo H2O
>marshie250

I agree, this would be very interesting! Did you ever get it fixed?
Enesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #85
Enesco
Enesco began at the beginning.

Device: ipad Kobo H2O
Is this plugin compatible with the new (4.2) Calibre?
Enesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #86
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enesco View Post
Is this plugin compatible with the new (4.2) Calibre?
Almost definitely. Just try it and see.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #87
febalci
febalci began at the beginning.

Device: none
First of all thanks a lot for this plugin; it's a lifesaver...

Works perfectly with 4.2 btw. However, there is a glitch (I don't really know if it is only with 4.2 or previous but i find this new):

Before any goodreads metadata download, for example, the publisher name is:
"Say Yayınları" (Including non-english characters)

After i download goodreads rating and apply metadata, the publisher name becomes to:
"Say Yayınları#Pr.Barnart#3.31"

And after applying Frating decimal it becomes:
"Say Yay��nlar��"

So, in short; frating spoils all non ascii, unicode characters... Just to let you know. I realized it after 1500 books

PS: My turkish characters may not be reflected truely on your web explorers, but i tried anyway...
febalci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:52 PM   #88
febalci
febalci began at the beginning.

Sorry i couldn't find a way to add to my previous post.

Started calibre in debug mode to find out what is going wrong. Surprisingly this time everything worked fine... Probably have some problem with my own installation...
febalci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #89
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by febalci View Post
Sorry i couldn't find a way to add to my previous post.
New users don't get the Edit button (part of the anti-SPAM policy) for a while.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #90
beejsbj
beejsbj began at the beginning.

hi, is it possible to make it so the frating plugin, button does the decimal reciting on default and have a dropdown for the other option. having two click twice is a tiny pain every time
beejsbj is offline   Reply With Quote