Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
nerd1
nerd1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre will only convert the first page of pdf

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum, and really need some help.

I'm a grad student, and my professor sent me a bunch of scans of textbooks. A few of them converted just fine from pdf to mobi format, but I'm trying to convert this one and it just refuses to work no matter what I do.

First it kept getting screwed up on the pictures (it would convert them in disconnected lines), so I extracted all the pages with text only and tried to convert these. However, it just won't convert ANYTHING now except the first page (i.e., the cover). What's going on??? How can I make Calibre convert all the text?

Thanks in advance for any help!
nerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Please read the following sticky threads that are posted at the top of this sub-forum:

How to ask a question about conversion problems

Read this before Posting PDF Questions

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #3
nerd1
nerd1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I read the posts. I can't attach the pdf because it's a copyrighted textbook that I don't feel comfortable putting on the internet. I don't know how to get the bug report or whatever other stuff you all suggest I attach and I honestly don't feel like figuring it out. I deleted the file because I became really frustrated with it, and downloading it again and reconverting it is a hassle. In sum, I'm frustrated beyond the point of caring, so if you don't have any suggestions right off the bat of what I can do, I give up.
nerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote