Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
alanhoyle
alanhoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Updates and SunriseXP command line options?

I recently switched to Sunrise XP from JPluck and want to set it up so that I get a single update at 6 AM, and not have it autoupdate every two minutes all day long. My reason for this is that I have a couple of URLs that I want updated every time I sync (and the hotsync conduit works for me), and a bunch of things that I only want updated once per day. I've disabled the "Windows Task Scheduler" integration within Sunrise, and created a new event which runs the following command at 6 AM:

"C:\Program Files\Sunrise XP\sunrisexp.exe" -autoupdate "C:\Documents and Settings\alanh\My Documents\Daily.sxl"

Doing this runs the update, but also enables the task-scheduler on a two minute interval.

However, on a whim, I tried using a "-update" on a command line, and that seems to run the desired one-time update and doesn't re-enable the task scheduler integration.

Is there any documentation as to the command line options? I've tried the standard --help, -h, and -? options to no avail, and I haven't found anything in the documentation online.

Alternatively, is there any way to set the scheduled task so that it ignores the "Automatic" updates? Since I can only look at my Plucker data after a hotsync, it would work just as well for me to have them ONLY update during the sync.

-a
Old 07-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
The AutoUpdate task is scheduled to run on the next due date/time in the SXL. It does not run every 2 minutes all day long.
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
alanhoyle

Is there any documentation (in general) as to what command line options are?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

No, there isn't. They're not particularly useful anyway.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
alanhoyle

Are the following two options described correctly?

-update BLAH.sxl
run a one-time update of BLAH.sxl
-autoupdate BLAH.sxl
run an update of BLAH.sxl and install updates for that .sxl into the Windows Task Scheduler
I personally find the first one to be very useful, if I'm correct.
Advert
Old 07-14-2006, 03:11 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Yes, I think they are correct. You can put a shortcut on the desktop for the first option using "Update -> Shortcut".