Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
Onyx Note Pro not recognized by Calibre 3.44

Just got my new Onyx Note Pro and was eager to try it. I updated my Calibre to the latest level, 3.44 . I plug the Note Pro, and nothing happens. It is not recognized. Calibre has no problem recognizing my Paperwhite.

What's happening? Is it because the Note Pro is too recent?
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118560

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #3
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
See this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118560

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I tried that and it didn't work.
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth90 View Post
I tried that and it didn't work.
See the last bullet point in those instructions.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:24 PM   #5
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
Is the Onyx Note Pro even *supposed* to be supported?

Here's the output of the device detection debugging, as (subtly) requested:

Code:
calibre 3.44  embedded-python: False is64bit: True
Linux-4.19.0-5-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-10.0 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.19.0-5-amd64', '#1 SMP Debian 4.19.37-3 (2019-05-15)')
Python 2.7.16
Linux: ('debian', '10.0', '')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4)
USB devices on system:
[['0x2207', '0xd', '0x310', u'Onyx', u'NotePro', u'0123456789ABCDEF'],
 ['0x8087', '0xa2b', '0x1', u'', u'', u'']]]

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
Unknown device USBDevice(busnum=1, devnum=6, vendor_id=0x2207, product_id=0x000d, bcd=0x0310, manufacturer=Onyx, product=NotePro, serial=0123456789ABCDEF) claims to be an MTP device
No MTP devices connected to system

Looking for devices of type: SMART_DEVICE_APP
[...]
No device is connected

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
How do I actually make sure that:

Quote:
If you are on Linux and the device is an MTP device, make sure it is not automounted by the OS/file manager as only one program can access an MTP device at a time.
I don't run a file manager on session startup here, so I don't think anything is grabbing the MTP device. The device is not "ignored" and there's no "plugin" for the device either that can be enabled (hence the first question).

I was told in this other thread that I can use "adb" to see all files on the device. So far I'm stuck with treating it like a digital camera and it kind of sucks..

Update: I found out how to fix this. It turns out the udev database doesn't cover for the device just yet, so the following needs to be added to (say) /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules:

Code:
# Onyx Note https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296401
ATTR{idVendor}=="2207", ATTR{idProduct}=="0001", MODE="0664", GROUP="plugdev"
# Onyx Note Pro
ATTR{idVendor}=="2207", ATTR{idProduct}=="000d", MODE="0664", GROUP="plugdev"
I found the former in this thread, the latter is an adaptation. Once that's done, you can either replug the device or re-fire udev with:

Code:
sudo udevadm trigger
Now the question is: where should this file be shipped from?

Last edited by anarcat; 06-18-2019 at 09:49 PM. Reason: found a way to have it detected
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:38 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Any MTP device is automatically supported by the calibre MTP driver, assuming your system sees it as an MTP device to start with.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
bsabiston
Enthusiast
bsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one handbsabiston can read with one hand

Device: kindle
Calibre is not recognizing my Boox Nova Pro. I have not previously had this problem but today it will not see it. Any suggestions?
bsabiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsabiston View Post
Calibre is not recognizing my Boox Nova Pro. I have not previously had this problem but today it will not see it. Any suggestions?
Reboot both. Be sure the filesystem on the device is not read only (see the FAQ)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote