Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 04:58 PM   #46
montreatgrad
montreatgrad began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Unhappy

When I saw the notice that FictFact was going to shut down I almost threw up. I am so heartbroken I don't know how to handle it. Might sound silly over a website but it was by far the BEST way to track series. Even adding an author, new series, or missing book was a breeze. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do now. I have over 1,000 books on my list (not sure how many series) and now have to find another way to track those. Then I have to upload all that info. :bigcry
montreatgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #47
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Yes, PLEASE, if somebody discovers or creates a similar website, DO holler out! FictFact was the best and easiest for series.
Try FantasticFiction.com. They do have limits though. It works for me as I don't follow that many authors (I have 95 listed), but at least it's something for your best 100.
authors: 100
books: 1000
wishes: 100

Last edited by Tarana; 06-17-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:16 AM   #48
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Reading through this goodreads thread it seems like the fictfact devs have been trying to get some other book reading websites to take over the fictfact database and system without much success and now have given up.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show...fact-is-closed

In the thread I also found another website https://www.orderofbooks.com/
And this comment
Quote:
They said they are in the process of converting their site to perform the same function as FictFact. Looking to have a Beta going in September. Maybe drop them some words of encouragement to keep up the hard work.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show...ment_192905425
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:12 AM   #49
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems like some of the fictfact users have decided to resurrect fictfact. They are currently in the process of collecting as much series metadata that they can. Anyone interested in adding series they follow should submit it to them.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show...ment_194921217
Old 09-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #50
zwbookworm
zwbookworm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Talking Fictfact Replacement

Hi All,

It seems somebody is trying to create a replacement for Fictfact.
However, they need some help with information regarding your favorite series.
If you are able to help or just want to follow the progress you can use the link below

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/20142731-suggestions-discussion-thread

Regards,

zwbookworm
zwbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #51
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Your link is dead.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:08 PM   #52
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ Your link is dead.
Try here
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...48-coming-soon