Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
edcn
edcn began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Is it possible to translate the text?

I use google translate. Individual words are translated perfectly. But, is it possible to translate whole sentences using the lookup function?
edcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've not tried this myself, but you could try the web based viewer that comes with calibre server, in combination with a translation browser extension. I can't recall if the web viewer provides access to the browsers context menu.

In Firefox I use this ==>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../imtranslator/ - which translates your post to this (Portuguese)

Quote:
É possível traduzir o texto?

Eu uso Google Tradutor. Palavras individuais são traduzidas perfeitamente. Mas, é possível traduzir frases inteiras usando a função de pesquisa?
Added - the desktop viewer is being redeveloped, it will share the code with the web based viewer.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-13-2019 at 07:10 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:46 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC the lookup function limits itself to single words from the selection, so I dont think it will work with sentences.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote