Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-25-2019, 08:56 AM   #31
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
This is on a device with hardware inversion?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Possibly, as that *vaguely* rings a bell as one of the potential kernel bugs around that.

A specific device/FW/kernel combo would be helpful, though.

(The only blacklisted Kobo is the Aura, FWIW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:57 AM   #33
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
This is on a device with hardware inversion?
Aura HD,how can I tell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Possibly, as that *vaguely* rings a bell as one of the potential kernel bugs around that.

A specific device/FW/kernel combo would be helpful, though.

(The only blacklisted Kobo is the Aura, FWIW).
AuraHD
Linux kobo 2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+ #1041 PREEMPT Thu Dec 22 16:01:10 CST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
FW=Custom
BloodRagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:35 AM   #34
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, an Aura HD would definitely fall into the "could have a slightly buggy kernel" bin .

I'l see if I can reproduce on my H2O, which runs a fairly similar kernel (Linux (none) 2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+ #3032 PREEMPT Mon Jan 9 13:37:40 CST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux).

In any case, there's probably nothing much we can do about it, and the fact that it recovers on its own is already a pretty nice surprise to be honest .

EDIT: Can't repro over here anyway .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-25-2019 at 11:54 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:42 PM   #35
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yeah, an Aura HD would definitely fall into the "could have a slightly buggy kernel" bin .

I'l see if I can reproduce on my H2O, which runs a fairly similar kernel (Linux (none) 2.6.35.3-850-gbc67621+ #3032 PREEMPT Mon Jan 9 13:37:40 CST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux).

In any case, there's probably nothing much we can do about it, and the fact that it recovers on its own is already a pretty nice surprise to be honest .

EDIT: Can't repro over here anyway .
is 2.6.35 good or not? rumor saying kindle is using 3.0, i don't know

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200203720

but i check here, the world is using kernel version 5 already

https://www.kernel.org/
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #36
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course it's good.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #37
BloodRagg
Zealot
BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BloodRagg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Everytime I shutdown KOReader it needs to repair the partition with fsck.
Any idea where I should look debugging this ? Keep in mind though that this
could be my fault entirely (custom job)
Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #38
Frenzie
Wizard

Err are you unmounting a partition while it'd still writing or something?
Old 06-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #39
BloodRagg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Err are you unmounting a partition while it'd still writing or something?
On the money as always, cant really pinpoint it yet but it has to do with the bind mounts.
Thanks mate