Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Shine 3 vs Vison 4 — screen differences

Received a Shine 3 from GoodStore today. I've been comparing its screen to the Vision 4. Both have 13 LEDs (7 white, 6 orange or amber). Both are about the same brightness. But the Vision's "warm" lights are amber, whereas the Shine's "warm lights are orange. So it's more than just my imagination.

I took a comparison picture of the two, but my camera (again) "corrected" the lighting. Actually the Shine (on the left) looks basically like the Vision and the Shine should be orange-ish, not amber. But anyhow, even with the colors "fixed" by the my Q10's camera, you can see there is definitely a difference in tone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191114_191904.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	645.7 KB
ID:	174936  
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:35 AM   #2
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Yes, I've noticed this difference between my Shine 3 and my wife's Vision 4 as well. I'm very happy with the orange tone of my Shine.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2019, 06:18 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Yes, I've noticed this difference between my Shine 3 and my wife's Vision 4 as well. I'm very happy with the orange tone of my Shine.
I'm not complaining. I like both, but they're definitely different. The pre-Kobo Tolinos appeared to have used the amber LEDs (like the Kindles). The post-Kobo ones seem to be using orange LEDs, like the Nooks and Kobos. (I don't know where the PocketBooks fit in the equation.)
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote