Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #61
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
I'm definitely holding off. Apple, it seems, is have an across the board set of bad quality with this year's OS releases.
leebase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #62
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Sadly, the ADE situation is also problematic. ADE 2.0.1 is 32-bit and will not run on Catalina. ADE 4.x is 64-bit but capable of the hardened DRM that Alf can't handle. From what I hear, Alf does work with ADE 4.x provided Kobo doesn't turn on the "hardened DRM switch", but if/when they do, you're stuck.

I'm staying away from Catalina on my primary Mac, but if there comes a point when I end up upgrading, I will probably use a Windows VM to run ADE 2.0.1 and K4PC for Alf purposes. Either that or an external boot drive running High Sierra.
This is a real option if you rely only on ADE 2.1. Latest Virtualbox 6.0.14 will be released today. Current version 6.0.12 does run on Catalina but it has multiple crashes that require a workaround (or better wait for the new release).

Sadly, I'm no where near to update to Catalina on the internal storage of my macbook. I'm still using High Sierra because 32 bits audio plugins, just updated my usb install from Mojave to Catalina and can confirm that the workflow of ADE in VM and Calibre + Alf on mac works as expected.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #63
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
@pazos — good to know, thanks!!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #64
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Apple released a supplemental update to Catalina today

Apple released a supplemental update to Catalina today with bug fixes.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:55 AM   #65
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Updated my main computer to the new Catalina update. It still list as 10.15. I assume it was bug fixes and security.

The audible issue popped up again, i.e. when I sync via finder, I'm told that this mac is not authorized. The solution is to deauthorize the mac, then reauthorize, then give it some time to let the audible authorization servers to sync. Since I was able to play it on my mac before jumping through the hoops, my guess is there is some change in how finder does the authorization and thus some sort of mismatch between audible and apple. It's going to be a pain if this keeps happening every time I update my Mac.

Doing a google search on this, I only see a few complaints, which implies to me that most people likely just use the audible app and don't sync audio books via iTunes/Finder.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #66
lxpose
Connoisseur
lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The audible issue popped up again, i.e. when I sync via finder, I'm told that this mac is not authorized.
I also had this problem. in my case I found that simply playing one of the audible books for a short time in the Books app on my mac solved it and allowed the sync to go ahead.
lxpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #67
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Catalina 15.1 update now available:

https://www.macworld.com/article/344...na-update.html
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote