Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #16
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ NookGlowlight, NST, PB360
So I email @thegearbest again and I get their same crap.

Me: I need to get my Lifebook Mars repaired. I broke the screen and need to have it repaired. So I need cost to ship to Boyue and cost of new screen and repair. Below are the details of the order.

Invoice ID
P190310009037131423PZM

Serial Number
CNBT80D20181201369

Purchase Date
March 19, 2019

Them:
Gearbest Customer Support
At 12/17/2019 11:27:07 CST
Dear Craig,

I empathize with your situation.

We wish to apologize for the difficulties you have been experiencing regarding the items.

Please kindly review our warranty here :

http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Warranty Exemptions
Note: If the buyer has damaged/misused the item, it will immediately void the product's warranty. No compensation is available in such cases. huh so there is no way to have it repaired that makes
zero sense

As a proof of good will, we can send 200 points to your account for compensation.
Learn more about points benefits : http://www.gearbest.com/about/about-points.html?157wrew
Please kindly let us know if we can do this for you.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best Regards
Ennie

Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com

#pathetic

My response: I'm not looking for warranty replacement. I'm looking at sending it back to Boyue via RMA and having it repaired by Boyue. I need cost to ship and cost to repair screen.

This is the same bullshit that they continue to pull and all Boyue does is tell me to go thru the reseller. There is no reason I shouldn't be able ri have this repaired for a fee.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 12-17-2019 at 02:10 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:32 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2, Sony PRST2
Why do you want, that they should help to get a product repaired, that you have damaged?
Give it to a reader repair company, or a friend, or ....
Gearbest is a selling company, Boyue a producer - Onyx too.
None of them will repair such a device - if it is warranty, then it will be exchanged and a broken screen isnt warranty.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 12-17-2019 at 02:34 AM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:42 AM   #18
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PW3, T80S, T80D, T103D, Ares Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
So I email @thegearbest again and I get their same crap.

Me: I need to get my Lifebook Mars repaired. I broke the screen and need to have it repaired. So I need cost to ship to Boyue and cost of new screen and repair. Below are the details of the order.

Invoice ID
P190310009037131423PZM

Serial Number
CNBT80D20181201369

Purchase Date
March 19, 2019

Them:
Gearbest Customer Support
At 12/17/2019 11:27:07 CST
Dear Craig,

I empathize with your situation.

We wish to apologize for the difficulties you have been experiencing regarding the items.

Please kindly review our warranty here :

http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Warranty Exemptions
Note: If the buyer has damaged/misused the item, it will immediately void the product's warranty. No compensation is available in such cases. huh so there is no way to have it repaired that makes
zero sense

As a proof of good will, we can send 200 points to your account for compensation.
Learn more about points benefits : http://www.gearbest.com/about/about-points.html?157wrew
Please kindly let us know if we can do this for you.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best Regards
Ennie

Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com

#pathetic

My response: I'm not looking for warranty replacement. I'm looking at sending it back to Boyue via RMA and having it repaired by Boyue. I need cost to ship and cost to repair screen.

This is the same bullshit that they continue to pull and all Boyue does is tell me to go thru the reseller. There is no reason I shouldn't be able ri have this repaired for a fee.
Okay, first according to them you can ask them to ship it to boyue and pay for it all as shown in their warranty terms it seems (see the pic attached). But the second and biggest thing, is if you are telling them word for word what you just said to us you are perhaps unaware you are saying I broke this and need you (gearbest) to pay for this to be shipped and replaced by the manufacture. Your wording at the moment to them is I want you to pay for this work, not I broke my thing and I want to pay all associated costs (shipping to you gearbest, as well to the manufacture, as well as the work). I think you might need to reply to them and explain you might have worded it wrong and you want to cover all associated costs and can THAT be done? What you want is no longer an RMA it is just a repair order itself. It sounds like you are asking them for an RMA with a user damaged good, so they might just be confused what you want.

The other thing is though if you already invested in the new Onyx device it might not be worth it as I would think after all of that out of pocket to repair and ship to them it would be like $150USD at least all said and done. But it doesn't hurt to ask the proper way and see what they say.

Hope this helps.
Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gearbest.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	175671  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:27 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

An eInk screen is the most expensive part of the reader and Im not sure, if it is cheaper to buy a new device, than to repair a broken
Old 12-17-2019, 06:10 AM   #20
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrvcjew has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PW3, T80S, T80D, T103D, Ares Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
An eInk screen is the most expensive part of the reader and Im not sure, if it is cheaper to buy a new device, than to repair a broken
Yeah for this device agreed it certainly is a big chunk probably. To the OP if your confident in your ability to open the device: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Yeah for this device agreed it certainly is a big chunk probably. To the OP if your confident in your ability to open the device: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53.
Sending a Likebook Mars to China, open it, changing the screen, testing the device, closing it, pack the device, sending it back; that costs more than buying a new Likebook Mars.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #22
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Okay, first according to them you can ask them to ship it to boyue and pay for it all as shown in their warranty terms it seems (see the pic attached). But the second and biggest thing, is if you are telling them word for word what you just said to us you are perhaps unaware you are saying I broke this and need you (gearbest) to pay for this to be shipped and replaced by the manufacture. Your wording at the moment to them is I want you to pay for this work, not I broke my thing and I want to pay all associated costs (shipping to you gearbest, as well to the manufacture, as well as the work). I think you might need to reply to them and explain you might have worded it wrong and you want to cover all associated costs and can THAT be done? What you want is no longer an RMA it is just a repair order itself. It sounds like you are asking them for an RMA with a user damaged good, so they might just be confused what you

But it doesn't hurt to ask the proper way and see what they say.
Malcolm
This is only a tiny example of the exchanges I've had with them. I've tried every different way to explain to them that I wasn't to pay to have it repaired. Nothing has worked.

I've explained (I've lost count) 10 times to them that I want to pay to have it repaired. I'm not sure how to say it differently. I've only recently started saying RMA just to see if I could get a different response. No matter how I word it they just say they wont take it back. I'm ok with ME deciding if it's to expensive too be repaired. And really that's all I'm trying to do.

But I can't get any alternative response from them or boyue.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 12-17-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #23
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Thanks definitely might go that route. Appreciate it.

Id have no issue working on the device if needed.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 12-17-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #24
Sasha1968
Sasha1968 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Who knows when there will be a new update for MARS?
Sasha1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:43 AM   #25
ottischwenk
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha1968 View Post
Who knows when there will be a new update for MARS?
Perhaps Boyue
Old 12-24-2019, 02:43 AM   #26
Merithyn
Enthusiast
Merithyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle PaperWhite, Likebook Alita
Quote:
Perhaps Boyue
They said January (UI update) for Alita but I guess Mars will be the same.
Merithyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #27
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

The last 3 posts in this thread are completely off topic. Not sure the confusion lol...
Old 12-25-2019, 08:01 AM   #28
ottischwenk
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
The last 3 posts in this thread are completely off topic. Not sure the confusion lol...
Yours and mine too - now this are 5!
Old 12-25-2019, 01:11 PM   #29
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Yours and mine too - now this are 5!
Six 😉