Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
sdfgg
sdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura about

Device: pocketbook,kobo
Smile Pocketbook 3 128GB and 512Gb sd card confirmed

The InkPad 3 finally arrived, I got lucky and bought it "new open box" for 150 Euros, yay me

I was curious about the 32gb limit caused by the SDHC compatibility of the device. Using Gparted, i just formatted a 128 micro sd card (its actually the sd card I had in my phone, a Samsung evo select 126gb) to fat32, copied 50Gb of pdfs and manga just enough to test it, inserted it into the InkPad 3 and started enjoying my tastes in escapism here and there when instead should have been reading scientific papers for some research that is due in two weeks...

I also plan on getting a 512 Gb card when possible, so I will update this post when I try using it.

TLDR; format the sdcard to fat32 (tested only with gparted in ubuntu) and enjoy your pocketbook with 128Gb storage , it should work on other "limited devices".

UPDATE:

Well, finally I was able to get a 512Gb card with a nice discount [MB-MC512GAEU] . After testing it was not a fake one, formatting the card as previously described and having loaded some files, it was tested in the PocketBook Inkpad3 (740) and yup, it also works as the 128Gb, no problem whatsoever.

For those interested I hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191204-042355_Gallery.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	175321  

Last edited by sdfgg; 12-04-2019 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Update on testing a new card as promised
sdfgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:37 AM   #2
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
My kobo H2O which has the same stated limit of 32GB, works with max 128GB. Tried Samsung evo plus 256GB and it wasnt being recognized, you might have similar experience with the inkpad 3. Maybe better try 256GB first, so you save some pennies in case it doesnt get recognized.
Interested in hearing your results, as i have been eyeing the inkpad 3 for some time now.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #3
sdfgg
sdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura aboutsdfgg has a spectacular aura about

I see... your comment has been actually of much help. Surfing the interwebs I ran into this document from Gnome about fat32

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/comm.../msg06777.html

basically (and poketbook being linux and all, but then again i am not well versed ) in theory we could format a 1Tb micro sd card to fat32 (default gpart settings) and use it in any microsd sdhc compatible device that uses fat32. That being said, we are still bound to the 4gb file limit size.

well, if I get lucky once more, I might find a heck of a deal and get both 512Gb and 256Gb for cheap

Old 11-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
I don't think the 4gb size limit per file will be an issue since only books files will be loaded.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
sdfgg

True that, the biggest files I have at the moment are .5gb, both pdf and cbr? cbz? the comic file ones :P
Old 11-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #6
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Yes, this is already well known :-)

- http://cod-box.net/pocketbook-inkpad...-64gb-microsd/
* it's possible with any formatting tool, like Rufus on Windows, not just GParted

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-08-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:40 PM   #7
sdfgg

Delete me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191204-042355_Gallery.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	175316  

Last edited by sdfgg; 12-04-2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Just figured out how to edit posts, my bad.