Old 11-29-2023, 05:50 AM   #46
jljtgr
Enthusiast
jljtgr began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Nova Air C
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
{...}
How did you get the link to the full update? In the past I was able to find the update URL by packet inspection, but that would've just given me the same incremental update.
{...}
There's an Onyx API that gives out the links to the 1.5+ GB files... but I suspect that if you don't give it specific information, you won't get early access as it is rolling out in a staged manner.

For my device-type the generic query URL is:
Code:
http://data.onyx-international.cn/api/firmware/update?where={%22buildNumber%22:0,%22buildType%22:%22user%22,%22deviceMAC%22:%22%22,%22lang%22:%22en_US%22,%22model%22:%22NovaAirC%22,%22submodel%22:%22%22,%22fingerprint%22:%22%22}
But until just the other day, it was showing an old version. Today it offers v3.5. I assume it's because the deviceMAC or other info is blank and Onyx wants to control how fast it gets released by comparing this info to some sort of schedule with metadata.
jljtgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:13 PM   #47
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jljtgr View Post
There's an Onyx API that gives out the links to the 1.5+ GB files... but I suspect that if you don't give it specific information, you won't get early access as it is rolling out in a staged manner.
Thanks! How did you figure out that link? How should I edit it for the Leaf2?
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2023, 01:25 PM   #48
jljtgr
Enthusiast
jljtgr began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Nova Air C
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe I first found the URL structure here: https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxU...ment-704006389

You should be able to replace "NovaAirC" with "Leaf2". Though I see there is a "Leaf2_P" variant that is thought to be mainland China and will only return a response if you change the language to match.
jljtgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:57 PM   #49
denisuu
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jljtgr View Post
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I believe I first found the URL structure here: https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxU...ment-704006389

You should be able to replace "NovaAirC" with "Leaf2". Though I see there is a "Leaf2_P" variant that is thought to be mainland China and will only return a response if you change the language to match.
Thanks I found it!

This is the URL for the Leaf 2:
http://data.onyx-international.cn/ap...t%22:%22%22%7D
Old 11-29-2023, 04:17 PM   #50
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
Code:
adb push update.upx sdcard
adb shell
am start -a onyx.settings.action.firmware
This worked like a charm! Thanks again Renate!
Does update switch active slot? If yes, then can you run Magisk after update but before restart? Would be nice to root other slot.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2023, 04:41 PM   #51
denisuu
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by popej View Post
Does update switch active slot? If yes, then can you run Magisk after update but before restart? Would be nice to root other slot.
I didn't check if it does.

This time I didn't bother rooting, I just debloat and keep the device offline.
Old 11-29-2023, 05:17 PM   #52
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Apparently Onyx pushed a bunch of incremental updates, figured that they didn't work, switched back to full updates.
All the URLs are in the usual place.
They just go up and down like Jack-in-the-Boxes.
It's good to make a note of them because the updates will be there it's just that you will never be able to find the URLs for the older ones.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 07:17 AM   #53
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
I suppose its not possible, but did anyone with Note 2 get the update? In theory it might still be supported, as Boox states " at least three years after the product's launch". Although I doubt it. They would rather release yet another Boox model and forget current flagship as if it never existed.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 07:41 AM   #54
denisuu
Zealot

Is auto-rotate broken for everyone in KoReader on update 3.5?
Old 11-30-2023, 07:41 AM   #55
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
They would rather release yet another Boox model and forget current flagship as if it never existed.
True.

The last I see is:
Code:
Model:  Note2
Finger: Onyx/Note2/Note2:9/2023-05-15_11-53_3.3.2_0653eec63/9261:user/dev-keys
Link:   http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/419fa0eefbf22824dda8ec98d2828af7/update.upx
Size:   1637550111
MD5:    419fa0eefbf22824dda8ec98d2828af7
Old 12-01-2023, 12:51 AM   #56
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
I suppose its not possible, but did anyone with Note 2 get the update? In theory it might still be supported, as Boox states " at least three years after the product's launch". Although I doubt it. They would rather release yet another Boox model and forget current flagship as if it never existed.
They have promised it for at least Max Lumi from what I've seen. My guess is there will be one or two more batches for older devices. Them having so many models means it takes ages to develop and ship a firmware update to all devices..

I have a Nova 3 that I would love to update for the new functionality. Especially the new scratch to delete function.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 04:17 AM   #57
Renate
Wizard

MaxLumi and Nova3 are only showing 3.3.2
It seems from the Boox announcement that only recent stuff will get 3.5
Old 12-01-2023, 07:05 AM   #58
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
MaxLumi and Nova3 are only showing 3.3.2
It seems from the Boox announcement that only recent stuff will get 3.5
My guess is it will be another week or two before they start launching the update to older devices.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:31 PM   #59
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx BOOX Page, inkBOOK Onyx & Obsidian & Calypso+ (Android ;)
For the record: my BOOX Page was updated from v3.4 to 3.5 about a week ago, in the last days of November.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Page-v35.png
Views:	52
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	205038  
Anavim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 02:42 PM   #60
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx BOOX Page, inkBOOK Onyx & Obsidian & Calypso+ (Android ;)
And the list of changes:

System/Apps
1. Update the Android security patch ;
2. Change the front light adjustment to brightness and color temperature ;
3. Add Kids Mode (In the control center) ;
4. Add monthly calendar screensaver ;
5. Fix the issue of Bluetooth transmission failure for some file types ;
6. Add more input methods for non-English languages ;
7. Fix issues with some CJK system fonts not taking effect ;
8. Adjust the charging process during Sleep( Only charge and not wake the device up) ;
9. Optimize system stability.

Library/NeoReader
1. Add Favorites feature to Library(Replace Pinned Function);
2. Books downloaded from cloud storage are directly added to the bookshelf ;
3. Support uploading files to Cloud Storage manually (Long press a book - Select Copy to Cloud Storage - Upload on Cloud Storage page) ;
4. Support binding multiple accounts for each Cloud Storage ;
5. Fix sync issues of some NextCloud and WebDav accounts ;
6. Improve TTS function, supporting performing other operations while TTS plays in the background ;
7. Fix issues of cross-page highlight disappearance and annotation dialog not popping up;
Anavim is offline   Reply With Quote