Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-15-2023, 11:02 AM   #16
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Onyx has usually sent out updates in batches, never all at once. If they have any method as to how they organize the updates (such as who gets them first or second), I haven't seen it! It can take weeks for everyone who has a given device to get their 'latest' update. Sometimes I get my update very quickly; sometimes not!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 02:06 PM   #17
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Yeah, I know they stagger updates, but I'm not even seeing updates that have been out for a while. It's not that I get an error, it's just returning older updates.

If anyone has a net capture can they see what the query is?

Last edited by Renate; 11-15-2023 at 03:31 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2023, 03:02 PM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
I got 3.5 updates for all my BSR devices - the other Android 11, 10, 9 devices are all still open
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 03:45 PM   #19
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, well, I'm missing something here.
When I look manually for updates on "TabUltra" and "Palma" I only see:
Code:
Onyx/TabUltra/TabUltra:11/2023-03-29_18-15_3.3.2_108d427855/39548:user/dev-keys
Onyx/Palma/Palma:11/2023-08-07_07-03_3.4_e74364442c/41885:user/dev-keys
Which is clearly not the 3.5
Old 11-15-2023, 03:50 PM   #20
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Tab Ultra shows
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TU Version.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	204725  
Advert
Old 11-15-2023, 04:05 PM   #21
Renate
Wizard

Thanks. I wish I knew what it was querying. I tried some new wrinkles which still return the same old results.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:13 AM   #22
ottischwenk
Wizard

Today I got update 3.5 for Leaf 2 (OK) and Poke 5? (Aktualisierung gescheitert)

Last edited by ottischwenk; 11-17-2023 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:28 AM   #23
Renate
Wizard

I can see!
Poke5P -> Onyx/Poke5P/Poke5P:11/2023-11-17_05-41_3.5_801526b7d/6777:user/dev-keys
Leaf2 -> Onyx/Leaf2/Leaf2:11/2023-11-16_18-56_3.5_801526b7d/6774:user/dev-keys
Poke3 is still showing 3.3.1 from a year ago.

Always be sure to check your model. The "Poke5" is actually "Poke5P".

I downloaded the Poke5 update.upx and it's an 300 MB incremental update instead of the 1.5 GB full update we've had for a while. That was to be expected.

Also, it seems to use new operations in payload.bin that are not supported in older utilities. It's probably another compression algorithm. I'll look...

Last edited by Renate; 11-17-2023 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:07 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I downloaded the Poke5 update.upx
From where? Did the update work?
Old 11-17-2023, 08:26 AM   #25
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
The update 3.5 for the Poke5 isn’t installable on my device. The update is shown as available but at least the last step doesn’t work. The battery is full enough and the sleep mode is set to 30 min. so this causes not the problems why it doesn’t work.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 08:29 AM   #26
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Poke 5? (Aktualisierung gescheitert)
The same issue as on my Poke5.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 08:31 AM   #27
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
From where? Did the update work?
Poke5 = http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/dcf...d3b/update.upx
Code:
adb push update.upx /sdcard
adb shell
am start -a onyx.settings.action.firmware
I pushed the Update button, it said "Decrypting, etc".
It just returned "Updated [sic] failed" and deleted /sdcard/update.upx

The funny thing is, I can no longer see that there is an update for the Poke5.
Did they screw it up and just rescind the update?
I queried a bunch of times and sometimes it returned the same as before and sometimes 204 (No content). 204 on a browser is hard to see because it's not an error but it will not change your current view at all!

I tried updating again. It goes happily through decrypting, then does updating for a while before fail.

Last edited by Renate; 11-17-2023 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:56 AM   #28
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
It just returned "Updated [sic] failed" and deleted /sdcard/update.upx

The funny thing is, I can no longer see that there is an update for the Poke5.
Did they screw it up and just rescind the update?

I tried again. It goes happily through decrypting, then does updating for a while before fail.
I think, the update file is buggy
Old 11-17-2023, 09:20 AM   #29
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
I think, the update file is buggy
If it's any consolation I tried to decode the payload and it didn't make a lot of sense.

Code:
Op 10, Offset 0, Size 310, Start 0, Count 1
Op 9, Offset 310, Size 5681404, Start 1, Count 3746
Op 4, Offset 0, Size 0, Start 3747, Count 351
Op 6, Offset 0, Size 0, Start 4100, Count 512
Op 6, Offset 0, Size 0, Start 4612, Count 512
Op 6, Offset 0, Size 0, Start 5124, Count 512
Op 6, Offset 0, Size 0, Start 5636, Count 512
Op 6, Offset 0, Size 0, Start 6148, Count 512
This dumper can't do anything with PUFFDIFF (9) or BROTLI_BSDIFF (10) anyway.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:21 AM   #30
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
The whole update process seems to be buggy.

Earlier today I got a popup asking if I wanted to update my Leaf 2 to the latest firmware. My battery was low so I decided to charge it first, and while charging it went to sleep. Later, when I decided to update, the popup was gone and in firmware update settings it now claims that I'm already on the latest firmware (which is the old one from 5th of May).

I guess I missed the "window" and have to wait for the next batch, as it were...
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote