Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-27-2023, 02:50 PM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Library Manager

Maybe this is unwise, but I'm posting in the Onyx forum even though I have a Likebook. There are more users here.

I'm looking for a simple eInk compatible library manager. I just want something with more sorting options and, hopefully, the ability to read Calibre tags.

I'm using KoReader and I can browse by tags in the search options, but that is a bit cumbersome. It would be great to have an independent app through which I could select a book and launch KoReader. I'm pretty married to KoReader. My Likebook is low spec, and all the other reader apps I tried were pretty awful.

I tried the demo of Calibre Companion, but it didn't seem to pick up my local book files. I also tried Renate's library app (which looked PERFECT), but it wasn't compatible with my Likebook sadly (installed, but crashed when trying to scan).

Thanks for any suggestions.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:32 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
I also tried Renate's library app (which looked PERFECT), but it wasn't compatible with my Likebook sadly (installed, but crashed when trying to scan).
Hmm, that's strange. Was that Library-1.15.apk?
Download a new copy, it's the same number but it may have been tweaked.
If there is a problem, let's solve it.
You're allowed to not like it, but it's not allowed to crash.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #3
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Hmm, that's strange. Was that Library-1.15.apk?
Download a new copy, it's the same number but it may have been tweaked.
If there is a problem, let's solve it.
You're allowed to not like it, but it's not allowed to crash.
Well, I downloaded a fresh copy and it installed completely differently, with a security warning that I ignored. I gave it storage permission and now it's working perfectly. So much more usable than the built in library! Thank you!
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:19 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
Well, I downloaded a fresh copy and it installed completely differently, with a security warning that I ignored.
Yeah, it's a bit of a balancing act to get something to work for archaic to new versions. It's just complaining, but I should fix it.

For anybody using my Library, the latest version has stuff in it to make the scanning faster if your particular Android has a specific issue. I have ~700 books and it should take less than a second.

I use a makefile (or batch file or shell script) to sync my devices to my desktop.
I guess that most people use Calibre, but I believe that requires MTP?
In any case, this is what I use that also automatically kicks it to scan:
Code:
adbsync /a  C:\Books storage/emulated/0/Books /o*.epub;*.pdf
adb shell am start -a com.temblast.library.REFRESH
Old 03-27-2024, 09:44 AM   #5
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
@Renate,
Where can I find your library app?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2024, 11:00 AM   #6
bigwigs
Enthusiast
bigwigs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrux View Post
@Renate,
Where can I find your library app?
u can find here - http://www.temblast.com/android.htm
bigwigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 04:41 AM   #7
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwigs View Post
Yes, that app should list all books (if they are in a normal place).
But the integration with last read point and which book has been read last requires some coordination with the reader app itself.
I wrote the library primarily for myself and my reader integrates fine with it.
Unfortunately, because of licensing issues I can't distribute the reader.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:30 AM   #8
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Thanks! I am in awe of the variety of technical areas you work in!
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 01:19 PM   #9
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Sorry for poking the thread, but I tried the app on Meebook and it didn't find my books. Where can I find some sort of guide for the app? I'm not really familiar with android.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 02:36 PM   #10
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Where can I find some sort of guide for the app?
Do you know where your books are?
Old 04-04-2024, 04:40 PM   #11
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It says storage/emulated/Books
Old 04-05-2024, 02:05 AM   #12
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
It says storage/emulated/Books
Normally that would be storage/emulated/0/Books

Can you see anything by:
Code:
ls -l /sdcard/Books
Old 04-05-2024, 03:24 AM   #13
danicca
Addict

Checked again. It is /storage/emulated/0/Books/
Have no idea where to type the code,sorry.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:23 AM   #14
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Have no idea where to type the code,sorry.
That's in ADB shell. Something that you should become conversant with in any case.
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ su
# ls -l /sdcard/Books
(Don't worry if you don't have Magisk or su.)
You can also do single line commands:
Code:
C:\>adb shell 'ls -l /sdcard/Books'