Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
Shemesu
Shemesu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Question Windows 7 doesn't recognize my PRS-600

Hello,

I own a PRS-600 and an Acer Aspire 5020 with windows XP and I have calibre installed and works flawlessly.

I bought a new computer, a HP Envy 15 with i7 and 6mb of ram and Windows7 64b.

I installed calibre (7.1) processed some files (it works with all the processor threads! great! )

But my PRS-600 is not recognized...

I went back to the old computer and it worked fine. (It takes ages to synchronize several files to the e-reader, but it works)

I checked everything I found in the net, but to no avail.

I debugged the connected devices and says none present.

Anybody has any idea? can I do something to make it detected?

Please, I want to give away my old machine, but I must keep it for the ebook.
Thanks in advance
Shemesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
did you try other ports? now n then mine won't recognize then I try another port and its fine
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Yes, try different ports.
If that doesn't work, try a different cable. Printers, phones, and other devices often use the mini-USB to USB cable, so you probably have one lying around.

If that doesn't work, try (if able) a system restore on the newer computer that isn't working. You might of installed something that's clashing with the sony, etc.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
My computer (vista 32) wouldn't recognize my 600 till I did a complete shut down and restart (of the 600).
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
jollity
jollity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Ihave a computer with Intel 7i processor and Asus motherboard running windows 7 32 bits. I get the same problem computer cannot regognise the reader most of the time. If I amlucky and it does the data transfer is rediculouslt slow. My computer supplier and I have tried everything to get it to work without success. The conclusion is that the Sony is INCOMPATIBLE with the generation of high speed chipsets. The rader works on a netbook with vista (slow Connection)and a network hub via a router and virtual usb (also a slow connection) but not directly through the hard wired usb. My com[puter has been taken apart and put back togther and it is working perfectly. With any other machine the reader works perfectly. Problem only with high spped machine and windows 7 32 bit.
jollity is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #6
jollity
jollity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Ihave a computer with Intel 7i processor and Asus motherboard running windows 7 32 bits. I get the same problem computer cannot regognise the reader most of the time. If I amlucky and it does the data transfer is rediculouslt slow. My computer supplier and I have tried everything to get it to work without success. The conclusion is that the Sony is INCOMPATIBLE with the generation of high speed chipsets. The rader works on a netbook with vista (slow Connection)and a network hub via a router and virtual usb (also a slow connection) but not directly through the hard wired usb. My com[puter has been taken apart and put back togther and it is working perfectly. With any other machine the reader works perfectly. Problem only with high spped machine and windows 7 32 bit.
jollity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
akais
akais began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st gen., Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony Prs-650
If your Windows 7 is Professional or Ultimate edition, you might try downloading Windows XP mode. I used that with my PRS-500 and Windows 7 until I decided I wanted epub compatability, When I contacted Sony to update it, they instead replaced it with a PRS-600. I have no problem with my PRS-600 and Windows 7 Professional but if there is a chipset conflict with your computer, XP mode would be a workaround.
akais is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
device detection, prs 600, prs-600