Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2022, 07:35 PM   #31
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Every time they update tvOS, apps like Philo TV start acting up. Youtube of course sucks, but that is likely because Google and Apple can’t get along.
For a number of reasons, I try to avoid YouTube as much as possible. It's there, but I don't use it much.

My complaints are mostly about Netflix, which insists on being an island unto itself, so it doesn't participate in Up Next or Search. And then the silly Are You Still Watching? interruptions. And so hard to sift through all of the crap to find the worthy. I am planning to drop it for a least a few months.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #32
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
For a number of reasons, I try to avoid YouTube as much as possible. It's there, but I don't use it much.

My complaints are mostly about Netflix, which insists on being an island unto itself, so it doesn't participate in Up Next or Search. And then the silly Are You Still Watching? interruptions. And so hard to sift through all of the crap to find the worthy. I am planning to drop it for a least a few months.
I find all the apps very lacking in the ability to make locating things to watch easy. All of the ones I use are just a cluttered mess, and mostly they put the same shows in multiple categories. I doubt the developers even use the apps they design.

And as you mentioned, so many of the apps fail to take full advantage of tvOS or Fire TV OS. I think the design principle is basically the same as organizing a grocery store. Every few weeks the grocery stores rearrange everything so you have to hunt for your items, and while hunting they hope you will buy other things too which catch your eye. So rather than organize shows in a logical manner, the apps sprinkle in (or pour in) a lot of titles they want you to rent or buy, even when they don’t fit into that category. It is a frustrating mess…
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote