Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-16-2022, 04:57 PM   #1
hope729
hope729 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
What Version of Calibre?

I am running an older Mac Book Pro with Sierra 10.12.6. Does anyone know what version of Calibre I need to download? TIA.
hope729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:25 AM   #2
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'm running 5.24 although I'm on latest OS with a M1 processor. It just works, and the way I do DDRM works, so I leave well enough alone. It asks me to upgrade every time and I ignore it.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 05:20 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope729 View Post
I am running an older Mac Book Pro with Sierra 10.12.6. Does anyone know what version of Calibre I need to download? TIA.
I think the latest Calibre is 3.48.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:20 AM   #4
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
What Version of Calibre?

According to the Calibre website, the latest version is 6.7.1, which I’m running on Big Sur. The download page has links to earlier Calibre versions for older macOSes. I think JSWolf is right about which version would work best for your older OSX install. https://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:17 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing that may work is to dual-boot (or VM) with 64-bit Linux or 64-bit Windows 10 (they have to be 64-bit because Calibre 6 is only 64-bit) and use Calibre 6 that way. Given this is a MAC, you may be best with a Linux VM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mac os