Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-09-2021, 04:32 AM   #1
njpig
Connoisseur
njpig began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite3/Oasis2
Transfer kfx ebook to kindle APP on iphone without cable?

Hello,

Any one has a way to transfer kfx ebook to kindle APP on iphone without using USB cable?
njpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:26 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by njpig View Post
Hello,

Any one has a way to transfer kfx ebook to kindle APP on iphone without using USB cable?
You should be able to login to your Amazon account in the app and download it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
As far as I know that is the only way to side load KFX files to the Kindle app under iOS. Other methods require the app to have registered to accept the file type and the Kindle app does not do that for KFX.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #4
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
I know there's a reason somewhere here--I've seen it--but can't find it.

What's the motive for converting DeDRM'd books to KFX as an output format? What's it giving you over AZW3 and Mobi?
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:33 PM   #5
njpig
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
As far as I know that is the only way to side load KFX files to the Kindle app under iOS. Other methods require the app to have registered to accept the file type and the Kindle app does not do that for KFX.
After enable "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" in itnues, I can transfer KFX ebook to kindle APP. Not perfect, but no need cable any longer.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:38 PM   #6
njpig
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowpoint View Post
I know there's a reason somewhere here--I've seen it--but can't find it.

What's the motive for converting DeDRM'd books to KFX as an output format? What's it giving you over AZW3 and Mobi?
There are some features with KFX format in kindle APP , which I like them very much personally:
1. Continuous Scrolling
2. new "go back" style,
3. ...
Old 03-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by njpig View Post
After enable "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" in itnues, I can transfer KFX ebook to kindle APP. Not perfect, but no need cable any longer.
Thanks for that information.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:29 AM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
And this is how you can do it wirelessly from a Mac (iTunes being long gone):

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-...0.15/mac/10.15

For some reason the device doesn't immediately show up in Finder sidebar, or I haven't figured out how to get it to. But it shows up eventually.

You can also use this to send .ePub to a number of iOS reading apps (e.g. Apple Books, Kobo, Bookari, Marvin, etc.).

(unfortunately AirDrop won't work because Kindle app doesn't have a Files folder to put it in)

I don't really require Sync most of the time, so I'm probably going to use this in favor of the personal documents service going forward. I like a more consistent reading experience (including those books from Amazon that were never updated for Enhanced Typography).

It would be nice to figure out how to do this with my Fire too. There's something called AirDroid, but of course it's not in Amazon Appstore so it would be another thing to get somewhere else. I also have a crappy Samsung tablet, which I'll probably try this out on first.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-12-2022 at 02:53 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 02:22 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Installed AirDroid on my Samsung tablet (and the Mac app) and it was pretty straightforward to send it over and move it to Kindle storage.

AirDroid is a lot more than a file transfer utility, it does remote control, screen mirroring, remote camera, etc. Don't need any of that.

Managed to install it on my Fire, and the KFX I sent over works as expected.

There's a 'quota' of 200MB (monthly) for freemium version. Probably plenty for me. $29.99(USD) per year for unlimited data and the premium features.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-12-2022 at 02:55 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote