Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
Overdrive “Error obtaining license"

I’ve been using Overdrive on my phone and it’s been working fine but I’m starting to have some battery issues and decided to start using an iPod Nano.

I had no issues using Libby and can download a book on the phone but it’s a different t process in a PC and then to the Nano. This requires the main Overdrive program and in conjunction with iTunes you can download the book and transfer to your iPod.

On the phone I can just return the book or it’s automatically returned after 2 weeks and have done this for about a dozen books over the last months.

This worked fine with the first and second books I borrowed and transferred to the iPod but now when I try to get another book and transfer it will let me borrow the book and play it on the PC or on my phone but I get an error when I try to download the mp3 for transfer. “Error obtaining license"

After some thought there must be a hanging file somewhere that Overdrive is seeing and thinks I still have the book but I can’t find it.

I’ve cleared all cookies ect and searched for any .ODS (I think that’s it) but have found nothing.

As soon as I’m finished with the book I’m listening to going to wipe the Nano and see if that fixes it but I don’t want to do that at the moment because I’ll lose the book I’m in the middle of and may not be able to get it back.

After that it’s a reload of windows and that’s a pita.

Any thoughts would be apriciated.

Last edited by Jack Torrance; 05-29-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #2
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
FWIW - I've wiped the ipod and I'm still getting the same error. It looks like I may need to wipe the computer and restore it from scratch. What a PITA. Probably not going to happen anytime soon.
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert