Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #76
Imzadi
Imzadi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've been updating my calibre library for my kindle 4 and created some new collections. I primarly create collection for authors (1 in screenshot). I've also created collections for books I added for the last months (6 in screenshot). I've added a custom colum for this, as I couldn't figure it out anyway else.

Is it possible to exlude books I've marked as read? I've also created a custom colum, which ha yes/no or is empty. Is that even possible?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	133750  
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #77
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Imzadi: Might be tricky. If you can't get that condition in when you actually *build* your custom column, you might want to see how destructive is a "Delete" action on your yes/no column, but I actually have no idea how those look like to the plugin so it might be a terrible idea.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #78
Imzadi
Imzadi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
@NiLuJe: Thank you, you gave me the right idea by creating a new combined custom column "bookshelf" with date added and read (text yes, no). I excluded than everything I didn't want when I create a collection. I've now seperate collection for the last 6 months, each month only unread books.

Custom column bookshelf: {date:format_date(yyyy-MM)},{#read}
Exclude for collection: 19.*, 200.*, 2010.*, 2011.*, 2012.*, 2013.*, 2014-0.*, .*yes.*,

Last edited by Imzadi; 01-13-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:42 AM   #79
Neshi
Neshi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've run into another problem.

The collections on the Kindle appear to revert to be alphabetical, even though I have assigned them a series number in Calibre. Is there a way to retain that sequence.. so to have series #1 on Calibre be #1 on the kindle?
Neshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #80
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Neshi: Are you talking about books, or collections? (i.e. the collection names themselves, or the sorting of books *inside* a collection?)
Advert
Old 02-06-2015, 01:48 AM   #81
Neshi
Neshi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
the books inside a collection.
To clarify, I have a book series of 15 books (Wheel of Time) and I have assigned them their series number in Calibre. When I import them into the kindle it shows them alphabetically within the collection.
Neshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #82
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup, sorting inside collection doesn't necessarily match the sorting on the homescreen, check the current sorting mode in both cases.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #83
iKKi
iKKi began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Hello everybody, new guy here with a Kindle Paperwhite. Just a quick question, to make this plug in work on calibre and my Kindle do i have to jailbrake the Kindle?

Thanks!!
iKKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:40 AM   #84
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@iKKi: Yes.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #85
iKKi
iKKi began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
@NiLuJe thanks for the answer, again new guy here, if i jailbreak my kindle can i remove it in the future? lets say a factory reset or something in the likes?
iKKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:33 PM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@iKKi: Factory resets are evil, and not the way to go, but, yes, it's reversible nonetheless. Not that that would be terribly useful in practice.

Note that if your device is brand new and straight from Amazon, there's a good chance you won't be able to JailBreak it anyway, so the point is moot.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #87
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
I'm a happy Calibre user who recently got a Kindle Touch of some sort as a present. Calibre seems to think it's a K2; there is no model info on the device casing, but the settings menu tells me that the firmware version is 5.6.0.1. The plugin says "Kindle model: Unknown". From reading elsewhere, it seems I need to jailbreak the device to be able to use this plugin, and jailbreaking this firmware version sounds like it requires using a soldering iron and/or hammer to do it.

So my question is: Doctor, am I doomed? Or is there a way to use Calibre so I can manage my collections without losing my sanity?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #88
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
I'm a happy Calibre user who recently got a Kindle Touch of some sort as a present. Calibre seems to think it's a K2; there is no model info on the device casing, but the settings menu tells me that the firmware version is 5.6.0.1. The plugin says "Kindle model: Unknown". From reading elsewhere, it seems I need to jailbreak the device to be able to use this plugin, and jailbreaking this firmware version sounds like it requires using a soldering iron and/or hammer to do it.

So my question is: Doctor, am I doomed? Or is there a way to use Calibre so I can manage my collections without losing my sanity?
Models are the First model to use that driver.
If you were to wander into the Preferences:Pluginsevice output, you would see comments with the full range of models
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That most likely means it's a KT2, which in turns means that, yup, no go, since that one can't be jailbroken (barring opening it up), it's currently not autodetected (and thus showing as Unknown) in the current released version of the plugin.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #90
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Thanks. So as I thought: I am doomed :-(
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle