Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
shadowThief
shadowThief began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Series overview (finished, still ongoing, ...) possible?

Hi,
I read a lot of books which are in series.
But the more and more books I have in calibre, I find it difficult to distinguish, which series:
  • I already finished and no new books will be published
  • I didn't finish, because the following books in the series haven't been published yet or I haven't purchased yet
  • I'm not sure, if there are more books coming in the future

Is there a way to keep track of this? Via a plugin or directly in calibre?
A special view with the columns like:
Author - Seriesname - Status (complete, ongoing, unknown)
would be really great.

If its not possible in calibre, how do you all keep track of your series? Especially the ongoing ones.
shadowThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You could add a custom column for series status.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Quality check PI has a check for broken series (missing) in the sequence

You CAN NOT add a column to the real Series table (internal), so you have no way to mark a series complete. You can only mark Books.

You need a 'read' column for your books(I use a timestamp, others us T/F, still others with Family use a Tag of whom )

You might read the descriptions of the plugins by DaltonST,
He has some PI that does rather complex queries. You might find one there.

Or this Serrch may do the trick
Code:
series: true and #read:false
then sort the results by series
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowThief View Post
[ . . . ]But the more and more books I have in calibre, I find it difficult to distinguish, which series:
  • I didn't finish, because the following books in the series haven't been published yet or I haven't purchased yet

would be really great. [ . . . ]
I don't do this, but it may do the trick
  • Add a 'Fixed set of values' custom column (e.g. '#series-status/Series Status').
  • Select that column in the Look and Feel->Quickview->Columns to display list.
  • Only set the column for the first book in the series
Then use the Quickview feature to view a series ordered by series index, the Series Status column will be visible on the first item in the QV list.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-14-2018 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowThief View Post
Hi,
I read a lot of books which are in series.
But the more and more books I have in calibre, I find it difficult to distinguish, which series:

would be really great.

If its not possible in calibre, how do you all keep track of your series? Especially the ongoing ones.
I just use fictfact.com it is only for following series. And new series from authors you follow so keeps me informed. I follow too many series now and over the last 2 years am current with a few select series as my reading habits have changed from 50+ books a year to barely 1 a month.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote